How long after breast reduction can I go back for a tummy tuck?

I want to have a breast reduction and BBL. How long after this can I get a tummy tuck

Multiple procedures

Depending upon if you are a candidate for these three procedures, you could either do one at a time, two at a time, or all three.  Doing them all at once will probably save you time and money, but obviously would be a bigger surgery.  If you decided to split them up, it would probably make sense to wait about 6 months in between procedures to make sure everything has healed well.  Most importantly, make sure you're evaluated in person by a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery before going through with any procedure.  Good luck!   

Tummy Tuck After Breast Reduction

There is really no limitation, and those cases can be done together if needed. I would usually suggest to my patients if they do those two procedures together that they stay overnight at the outpatient surgery center because it is a lot of surgery at one time and pain as well as nausea control can be much better with medications given intravenously.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Staging long procedures is always a great idea both for recovery times and safety and healing. Three months is a good time period 

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

3 months

It is common to wait 3 months after a big operation like a breast reduction before undergoing another procedure of this magnitude.

Time between surgeries

I recommend my patients wait at least several months between operations, so they are essentially healed from the first procedure.  

3 to 6 months may be a reasonable amount of time before having a tummy tuck after Brazilian buttlift and breast reduction.

Can I have a tummy done the same time I have breast surgery.

Thanks so much for your question. In terms of safety it is absolutely fine to have multiple procedures done at the same time. The bigger issue is your pre-op health and total time of surgery. I would limit multiple procedures to less than 8 hours (preferably 6). There are no significant studies that say surgery under these time limits adds any significant risks compared to shorter length procedures. Multiple procedures can save cost as well as recovery tine in your part. Good luck and Happy New Year.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

You can do the tummy tuck ninety days after Liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift surgery. I recommend you to go to in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for evaluation, because you can do the three procedures in a surgery if you qualify.

Aramis Vega, MD

All three procedures can be done at the same time

A breast reduction, Brazilian butt lift, and tummy tuck can be performed at the same time in a safe and effective manner by a board-certified plastic surgeon that is experienced in performing multiple procedures.
The two main benefits of performing the procedures together are one single recovery and significant savings. Most importantly it can be performed safely.

No definite timeline I would recommend ~ 3 months.

Hello Roundtwo, Thanks for your question. I occasionally combine these two procedures, however they are long operations with a significant recovery. Depending on how you are healing and feeling I would wait at least 3 months and ideally 6 months between major operations. It is important to make sure you are taking multivitamins with zinc and vitamin C as well as getting enough protein to heal and recover from the breast reduction surgery. Every Plastic surgeon has their own comfort level with combining or performing subsequent surgery so my recommendations may not apply to your surgeon.  Most important is your overall health and how you are feeling and healing from the breast reduction. Best of luck and congratulations on your new body!  Have a great new year. Regards, Dr. Joseph Eby. 

Joseph B. Eby, MD, FACS