What causes spider veins on shoulders?

I have spider veins on both my legs and shoulders. The legs are a bit less odd, but I've noticed the formation of spider veins on both of my shoulders. They're embarrassing, and I don't want them to get worse.

Spider Veins on Shoulders

While spider veins on the legs are more common, they can appear anywhere on the body due to a variety of factors. If you are interested in treating the affected veins, laser vein treatment is one option that is proven effective. Schedule a consultation with a specialist for more information.

Fenton Dermatologist

Shoulder spider veins.

Spider veins can occur on any area of the body and are usually due to genetics, aging, sun exposure, trauma and sometimes saphenous valvular reflux.  They can easily be treated by sclerotherapy or topical lasers.  See a vein specialist.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Spider veins on shoulders

Spider veins on the shoulders can be due to sun damage, can be hereditary, or even be caused by simple pressure from the straps of backpacks, purses or bras. To get rid of these spider veins laser treatment to the areas is very effective, safe, quick and easy to do. Good luck!