Is this bruising normal after restylane lip fillers? (Photo)

I received restylane lip fillers 48 hours ago and I now have very dark bruising on and around the lips (see the picture). Is this normal?

Bruising after lip filler

Although this is quite a significant bruise, it can happen, and like all bruises will pass in typically 5-10 days. Icing the first day is useful, as is sleeping on an extra pillow, ideally on your back. Avoid exercise, alcohol, aspirin, and NSAIDs the first 2-3 days in your case, as well as saunas, jacuzzi, steamrooms.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Bruising post lip injection

This can occur and is not uncommon.Usually I tell patients ice and keep your head elevated.It will pass.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after fillers

I tell my patients that bruising after fillers is typically the rule and not the exception. You may want to try arnica and ice to help reduce the bruising. Also, I tell all my patients to use Kat Von D concealer...her makeup line has some of the best concealers out there! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Bruising After Fillers

Although we would all love to guarantee fillers without bruising, it does happen.  If you choose to have Restylane again, avoid all NSAIDS, vitamin E, fish oil, green tea etc. the week before to minimize your chance for bruising.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is this bruising normal after restylane lip fillers?

50% get some form of ecchymosis. Use ice and gentle massages. If not resolved in 2 weeks than see your injecting doctor... 

Bruising after lip fillers

Bruising is an unfortunate but totally common side effect from all fillers. Yours is very dark but not something to be concerned about. It's just unfortunate and will be there for a few weeks most likely as it goes away and lightens.