Radiesse on hands not lasting more than a few weeks.

I am almost 75 and earlier this year had radiesse on the back of my hands and the effect was very good but sadly it only lasted about 7 weeks. I had another session but again this didn't last. Can you recommend a filler that will last longer please?

Radiesse Hand Rejuvenation

Hello and thank you for your question. It is not common for Radiesse to breakdown this quickly. Possibly not enough product was used. Typically for hand rejuvenation we use 1 syringe for each hand. However, you may need additional syringes for the best, long lasting results. You do experience swelling after your Radiesse injections, many patients return once the swelling decreases. 

Best to you, Dr Faraz

Radiesse longevity in hands

Radiesse should last about one year in hands.   Not sure why you have had this problem. Suggest you talk to your doctor and see if you can find explanation.  My Best,  Dr Commons

Radiesse to hands

Hello and thanks for your question!

Perhaps not enough filler was used? I routinely use 1.5cc (1 syringe) per hand at least to get good long lasting results. The results usually last upwards of a year. 

Hope this helps and God Bless!

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician

Hi, We've been using Radiesse to rejuvenate the back of the hands for a number of years and the results last up to a year.  Perhaps a small amount of Radiesse was used which created less of a result.

Hope this helps.

Fat grafting of hands.

This is something I have done for more than 35 years--when people said it did not last. I put fat in only 1 hand and waited 2 years and then took a photo to show it does last forever but will age. See an experienced surgeon who can show you at least 1 year results.This does not have to be repeated every year or so as do fillers.

Radiesse for hands

Radiesse is the best filler for the hands, but you need to be sure you are getting the best injector available and that enough is being injected. it makes no difference if a cannula or a needle is used.  Be sure you are seeing a  board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Hand Rejuvenation -- Use Radiesse and Belotero In Combination With Cannulas

Radiesse can be used in combination with Belotero. I recommend using Cannulas for best results. Fat injections are an alternative if you feel the Radiesse isn't enough volume or has enough longevity. Sometimes I will use voluma or bellafill.  See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.