How often must you get the PRP treatment done?

I'm thining of getting the PRP treatment for my hair loss How often do you go in for treatmeant Is it once every 3 months once a year????

PRP timeline

To get the most from PRP, it seems that three sessions in close proximity at the start (spaced every 6-8 weeks) provide a significant boost to the hair and scalp.  At the 6 month mark, if you are a responder (well over 70% respond) then you should have PRP every 4-6 months.  This time frame is based on the hair-literature looking at the results in terms of density and pull-test (both quantitative markers of change in hair) after PRP.  

Best of luck from Manhattan.

Does PRP work for hair growth?

Yes, platelet rich plasma injections(PRP) have been shown to work for hair growth. It involves taking the patients blood, concentrating it in the office and injecting it. The results take time to appear. You may need more than one treatment. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss treatment

I appreciate your question.
As someone who has undergone prp, i do think its a great procedure.
I had it every 6 weeks for 4 treatments.
I think its very important to also look at your hair loss from a global perspective including other medications.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

PRP for Hair Loss

I have a very specific protocol, every 3-4 weeks for 6 months with photography.  I also add in progesterone to speed the healing process.  After that the injectors are tailored down.  You should also be on viviscal and other growth promoting ingredients.  Best, Dr. Emer.

PRP treatment

I have treated thousands of people with PRP and have found that many factors affect the timing of treatment. 

The first is the preparation used.  I recommend 5-6x platelet concentration.  Most clinics are using much less which is why I think they recommend so many treatments.  

I find that with 5-6x platelet concentration that PRP effects peak between 12 and 18 months and can last up to five years.  I have treated patients who are five years out and have never had to have another treatment.  I also have patients that prefer to have treatment once a year just to be sure they are always on top of it.  

Follow up is the most important factor to determine future treatments. 

Ryan Welter, MD
Boston Hair Restoration Surgeon

The frequency of PRP treatment is variable and different doctors may have different treatment plans. It is not

The frequency of PRP treatment is variable and different doctors may have different treatment plans. It is not spaced out yearly.  It is more like several weeks between treatments.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon