Secret RF - is device head replaced (or cleaned) after each procedure?

I am soon to do my second Secret RF procedure but I'm scared of a possible infection. After my first session, the doctor re-packaged the needles head and saved it. She said that it's individual and to be used only on me next time. I don't know whether the head was cleaned afterwards. Is it right to reuse it? Should the doctor sterilize the needles head BEFORE the SECOND procedure? I am worried that there might also be traces of blood or skin on those needles. Thank you.

Reusing RF needles

You are right to be concerned. This is not appropriate medical practice. These heads are one time use, you should be getting a sterile tip each time. Your provider is attempting to save money by reusing the tip. If you go to the Secret RF website, it states EXACTLY:"It is important to note that the consumable tips are single-use and ideally disposed of immediately post treatment."isa Vuich, MD

Nashua Physician

Replaced.... every time.

My policy is one device head per session per patient. Sometimes I go through 2 heads in one session. Secret RF is a microneedling device that I am familiar with. Yes, its better than non- energy based micro needling however if one is treating acne scars, the needles blunt very quickly, so sometime I often do a head change. Regardless, I never give consumables back to the patient (especially if there is an infection risk), regardless, this is much akin to re-using sharp needles- they go blunt! New head every time. Insist on it. As a guide the head cost price is about 18-25 Euro. Not much in the scheme of things. Dr Davin Lim 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

I suggest going to a reputable facility that uses a new tip for each patient.  Now some devices such as the venus viva and skinfinity and intensif have tips that can be cleaned and saved for the individual patient.  I do not know what treatment you are having done.  Best, Dr. Emer.