Is EKG and blood work mandatory before TT?

Pre-op protocol

Each surgeon has his or her own unique pre-op protocols. In general, blood work and sometimes an EKG (often depends on the age and health history of the patient) are done before surgery to ensure that you are in optimum health in order to avoid any complications. 

Kouros Azar 

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Pre Op Testing

In my practice basic blood work is done prior to all surgery and for patients over 40, I do request an EKG. Each Plastic Surgeon has their own preferred protocols. Talk to your surgeon about your concerns and expectations.

All the best

Pre operative Tests Before Tummy Tuck Surgery

What tests are to be done before surgery will be determined by your surgeon. For my patients I do require a blood test to be sure they are healthy. Depending on my patient's age and health determines whether or not clearance in needed by their GP and/or cardiologist. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Pre-op work-up

Pre-operative labs and an EKG are a good idea for any major surgery. Although the chance of you having bleeding or other complications are low, you want your operative team to be prepared and have all the information they can to deal with a problem if one arrises. I always request labs and an EKG for my pre-operative tummy tuck patients.

Wesley Thayer, MD