My breasts are too loose and soft. How can I make them harder and tighter?

What can I do

Breast Firmness

It's not unusual for women to want breasts that have a firm consistency. This consistency is related to the ratio of breast tissue to breast skin. When the skin envelope is tight, the breasts tend to be firm and in some cases, hard. When the skin envelope is loose, the breasts tend to be soft and in some cases saggy.

Breast firmness can be modified in two ways. These include increasing breast volume or tightening the breast skin envelope. This requires a breast lift, breast augmentation or both.

Without pictures or a physical examination, it's impossible to know which option is best for you. It's, therefore, important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area. This surgeon should be able to determine which option is most likely to make your breasts more firm.

Loose and Soft and Sagging Breasts

Loose breasts commonly occur following cessation of nursing/lactation or massive weight loss. This is typically due to a loss of breast tissue creating a deflated look and feel to the breasts. Restoration of firmness may be accomplished by replacing lost volume with an implant or fat transfer and/or may require reducing the extra skin with a lift. The best procedure is a complex decision making process that should be discussed with a board certified plastic surgeon. Schedule at least one consultation to review the options which best accomplish your goals.

In general, implants. But it depends on what you look like

There is no surgery that can restore the firm feel of a young breast.  Many women after time and pregnancy will want that back and are sometimes disappointing with implants because they are too soft.  Or, the woman still has a lot of breast tissue of her own even with the implant and was expecting something different.  Your best bet is to see a board certified Plastic Surgeon for an in-person consult and review your options. Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

My breast are too loose and soft. How can I make them harder and tighter?

Thank you for your question.  Sounds like you need some volume(breast implant), and possibly a breast lift to get rid of the extra skin.  It would benefit for you to sit down with a board certified plastic surgeon to answer your questions.  You can also see some before and after pictures of his/her work so you can decide how good the patient results turned out. 
Best wishes

Breast augmentation

Thank you for the question.  Breast augmentation with implants should give your breasts a fuller and tighter look.  Visit a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area and get a full evaluation. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Harder and Tighter Breasts

Usually, when patients have complaints of softness and laxity, both a mastopexy or breast lift in combination with the additional volume with a breast implant will fix the situation. I recommend you see a plastic surgeon in your region to discuss these options. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast firmness

You may be a candidate for both a breast lift and augmentation. Once you have your breast skin tightened and filled out with an implant, your breast should feel firmer. I would recommend a consultation with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon.

Want firmer perkier breasts

It is not clear from your question if you are someone who has already had a breast augmentation but are unsatisfied with the result or if you are someone who is currently considering a breast augmentation to improve the appearance and feel of your native breasts.

Breast augmentation alone can indeed give patients a fuller and perkier breast.  The greater the volume, the "harder" or "tighter" the feel that can be accomplished.  In some instances, a lift can be performed at the same time as the augmentation if the breasts are sagging to give them a more youthful perkier appearance.

I suggest you seek out a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a discussion of your goals and an examination.  Best to get informed on what options would be best to help you get the look you want!  Good luck! 

Breast lift and implants.

Thank you for your question. You can certainly achieve natural cure breast with a breast lift alone or in combination with breast implants and breast lift.  Just consult with the board-certified plastic surgeon in your area to eat there a discussion of your expectation and options. Best of luck.Dr. Dhaval Patel

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Loose breasts

If your looking to improve the volume and shape implants are the way to go sometimes a lift is needed.  The best way to start is with a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon