Does using locoid for rosacea cause peeling and burning? Is that normal? (Photo)

I have been using this locoid cream for a couple of days and my skin has began to peel and burn bad. I have roseca on my face and I have been advised to use this product. To clear up my skin. I wanted to know 1) Is it normal for these things to happen? 2) How long will it be before I see results if this is a normal reaction to the cream? Need help

Stop cream, see dermatologist for consideration of lasers

Rosacea is very complex and a tailored treatment program give the best results. This is because there are many types of rosacea (telengtctatic or capillaries, flushing and redness, acne like rosacea, ocular rosacea and even rhinophyma rosacea. To add to the complexity, everyone has different flare factors- Sunlight, stress, foods, chemical irritants, creams, changes in temperature, alcohol. The list goes on.  A detailed history, together with a treatment tailored according to YOUR type of rosacea will give the best results. As a guide, I use a combination of - 1. Lasers ( to treat redness, broken capillaries, rhinophyma, flushing)- best laser is the V BEAM. IPL can be used, but usually not as effective 2. Creams - anti inflammatory 3. Tablets -anti - inflammatory and sometimes low dose Vitamin A.  4. For females- Mineral make up is recommend, over make up that contains parabens.  For the best results, consult a dermatologist for both medical and laser treatment options.  Kind regards Dr Davin S. Lim Laser Dermatologist Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Rosacea -- ProYellow Laser, Pulsed Dye/Vbeam, Excel V ; combine with clear + brilliant and microneedling

Rosacea creams should not make the skin burn or peel.  Lasers are a better treatment than steroids.  I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Rosacea...

Thank you for your question.  Locoid is not used for Rosacea.  Topical treatments for Rosacea include Sunscreen, Metronidazole, Finacea, Soolantra, etc.  Locoid is a low-mid potency topical steroid which is used for dermatitis additionally it should not cause burning and peeling and typically will resolve those issues though you may have an allergy to the steroid.  I would return to your board certified Dermatologist asap for proper evaluation and management.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon