Is there any permanent redness after laser treatment for scars?

how many sittings of laser treatment are essential for scars? i hav taken one sitting of laser treatment for scars, is it compulsory to take 2 more sittings? Dr. told me that treatment consist 3 sittings. can i go in sunlight without any threat after the treatment is over?

Laser Resurfacing for Scars

Opting for laser treatments to eliminate the appearance of scars can be a great cosmetic option. Depending on the type of scar and where it is located on your body, it may take longer to heal after a Laser Resurfacing treatment. 

Several patients see temporary redness after one treatment, and it can sometimes stick around. Depending on your goals, you may require more than one treatment.

To help prevent the issue of permanent redness, talk with your surgeon and discuss post-op treatment instructions. If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to follow up with them, seeing as they know your specific needs. Hope this helps!

Later treatment for scars

The number of laser treatments for scars depends on three things: what type of laser is used, what type of scar you have, and how you heal. There is no exact number of treatments. I would start with three treatments, then evaluate your experience. Avoid sunlight after treatments. 

Laser Skin Resurfacing

Thank you for your question. The treatment schedule for laser skin resurfacing depends upon your goals and the composition of the scars you are trying to treat. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. An in-person examination will be very helpful in determining how many treatments may address all of your concerns. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Depends on lasers, skin type and settings

Too many variables to consider. Yes, one can have permanent redness with laser, especially CO2 laser. I would follow your Doctors post laser care, including sun exposure. 

As for the number of treatments - this will depend on your goals and expectations as well as the laser parameters. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

How many laser treatments are needed to improve scars

Thank you for sharing your question. There are different type is scars, which require different treatments. Often, sun exposure needs to be diminished for 3 months following the procedure. See an experienced facial expert for comprehensive evaluation and discussion of treatment options. Good luck.