Are Brazilian Butt Lift Results Permanent?

Once I get Brazilian Butt Lift procedure done, will the results last a lifetime?

Are the results of a Brazilian Butt Lift permanent?

Hi there-

The short answer to your question is yes, the result you achieve should be permanent.

The longer answer is that some of the fat initially placed will be absorbed and lost over the first few weeks after surgery. Whatever fat "takes" and is present after the first month or 6 weeks is what you should get to keep.

It is very important that you find a surgeon experienced in this technique, as there is not question that this procedure, even more than most, is very experience dependent.

Hello -

My best advice to you would be to set up an in person consultation with an accredited, board certified surgeon. Find a surgeon who has had results you find incredible, and someone who has vast experience in this field.

Now, initially you will experience a period where some fat cells are lost, but there is a line of demarcation, or sorts, in the 4-6 week post-surgery timeframe when all cells that have survived will remain.

Brazilian Buttlift Permanent Results

The results last if enough fat is injected in the proper way and the proper postoperative instructions are followed.  Once the fat has revascularized, the fat is permanent.  What you see after 3 months is permanent.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Brazilian buttlift Los Angeles, CA

If done correctly, a Brazilian Butt Lift is permanent

If done correctly, yes, the results of a Brazilian Butt Lift should be permanent.  As with any fat grafting procedure, the extracted fat needs to be treated before being re-inserted into the buttocks.  And, as with any fat grafting procedure, some of the fat is re-absorbed back into the body in the month or two following the surgery, however, the rest should remain permanent.  

I would strongly recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in this procedure, since the technique of how the fat is injected makes a big difference as far as the quality and longevity of the results.

Daniel Yamini, MD

Brazilian Butt lift results are permanent if done properly

Thank you for the question. The great thing about a Brazilian Butt lift is that all the tissue that we use is your own. In a Brazilian Butt lift the patient will receive aggressive liposuction of the trunk which includes the abdomen, hips, the waist, and lower back. Your own tissue is then cleaned and processed and then transplanted to your butt region. A small portion of this will melt away within the first few months. What remains is all you and is permanent.

For more information on Brazilian butt lifts or butt augmentation, please schedule an iConsult or visit us online at the link below:

Pat Pazmino, MD

When done properly, whatever fat survives being transferred should be there for life

I have performed this procedure for over 12 years and have seen patients 10 years after their surgery and found them to look as good then as they did 3 months after surgery.

The biggest concern is getting the fat to survive. I just finished reading some of the comments on this website from patients who have had this procedure done and claim it didn't work. These are similar to the comments I hear from patients who come to me after having had this procedure performed elsewhere, wanting to have it redone.
I believe this is a great procedure, but it is a procedure that requires a great deal of precision for it to work. This includes specific techniques we use in the operating room as well as specific routines for patients to follow after surgery. When all is done correctly, patients are extremely happy!

Brazilian Butt Lift Results are permanent when done correctly

The American Society of Plastic Surgery has published a consensus white paper on the elements of successful fat grafting techniques:

1-Harvesting fat under low pressure 2-Centrifugation of tissue to separate components 3- Minimal manipulation and exposure to air of fat contents 4-Injection in very small amounts at time. 5- Surgeons experience has a bearing on results Check out the link below and video for more info on the subject.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Normal aging will still impact body contour...

The Brazilian butt lift can create significant aesthetic changes in the buttock region, but these changes are never permanent. As plastic surgeons we frequently set the clock back, but we never stop the clock from ticking. In other words your new buttock will eventually experience the impact of gravity.
The Brazilian butt lift involves transferring fat from donor sites to the buttock area. When this procedure is performed not all of the grafted fat survives. It’s therefore very difficult to judge the results of this procedure in the immediate post-operative period. This is made even more difficult by the presence of significant swelling which takes time to resolve.
The survival of fat cells is dependent upon re-establishing blood supply. This process should be complete within two to three months of the fat transfer. At this point the fat cells should behave in a normal manner.
This doesn’t mean that your buttock contour is permanent. Over the course of time it will be impacted by normal aging and the impact of gravity. Individual fat cells may still respond to fluctuations in weight and this can ultimately effect the contour and projection of your buttock. It’s safe to say that if your weight is stable, your buttocks should experience the normal changes that occur throughout life.

Yes after 3 months have passed. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS

BBL Permanent Results

The results of a Brazilian Butt Lift last very long and all the fat that has "taken" to your buttocks is permanent. However, your appearance can changed depending on future weight fluctuations and aging.