Is 800cc a Good Idea? (photo)

My first surgery was 9 yrs ago and I let ppl talk me into smaller than I am happy with. I think what I have now are 300cc saline and I want to replace with 700cc-800cc silicone. I am 5'6" 136 lbs and a figure competitor, so I am very muscular and my back is wide. This wasn't the case 9 yrs ago. But am I gonna be ok if I go this big? I like the pics I see of that size but I have read some things that kinda scare me into thinking I can't go that big. Can I?

Is 800cc a Good Idea

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is the most suitable for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis) as a result of development, aging, pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss . Some patients will experience better results to restore superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy; better known as #AugmentationMastopexy. Also, a breast lift may also be achieved with current implants if a patient is satisfied with their current size, type and volume.

Altogether, the surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the nipple and areolae of the desired size and correct height may also be addressed. I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring. The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Also, consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is specialized in breast and cosmetic surgery is suitable to perform your breast revision. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for additional revision surgery. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision. Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes.

Breast implants

Size is always a matter of personal opinion.  I would advise against going with 800  cc implants.  they will sag a lot and thin out your skin.  In my opinion, too large, but there are plenty of plastic surgeons out there who will do it for you.  I am not one of them.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Is 800cc a good idea?

The simple answer to this question is no. 

Your tissues tolerated the size and volume of 300 cc's the first time but now you're asking it to increase that by 2 1/2 times. This is the usual problem of starting with the cc's of volume and working backwards like choosing a dress or shoe size and making it work. In my experience the tissues of the breast will tolerate some filling of the width (and height in a round implant) and some forward projection, but from an existing 300 cc implant this would be in the range of a 500 cc implant. The actual amount is determined by looking at an implant that is about 1 1/2 cm wider and has a more forward projection (if you're not already at a high profile projection). 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Boulder Plastic Surgeon

Is 800cc a good idea?

It is very difficult to determine the best size you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implant

#breastimplant

800 mL Breast Implants Okay for Me?

Thank you for the question and picture.

Whether or not you will do well with larger breast implants will depend on your physical examination;  this visible examination will allow for precise measurement of your breasts' dimensions  and an evaluation of the breast skin "envelope" characteristics. Without this examination it is not possible to give you any type of precise advice.

In  other words, there is no substitute for in-person consultation. however, the attached link may be helpful to you as you do your research.

Is an 800cc implant a good idea

Generally speaking, the larger the implant the more skin thinning and 'show through' of a breast implant with an unnatural result. For some however the implant might be the best choice based on life style and goals. A 700-800cc subglandular silicone gel will fit your breast, and if you are up to the risk you can have them if you wish to.

800 cc implants

Your skin is already stretched and thin.  You can see rippling of the saline implant through your skin in the lower part of your breasts.  If you change to 800 cc implants you will likely stretch the skin even more and create more drooping...a term we call an "implant cripple".

Larger silicone gel filled implants may be a reasonable option, but I would avoid 800 cc.  Discuss this with your surgeon.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Measuring and choosing a breast implant size

Implant size should be assessed and chosen after careful breast measurements are made.  Visit with your plastic surgeon and go over your breast measurements and decide based on objective decision making tools rather than subjective assessment. Surgery90210

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Is 800cc a Good Idea?

My usual answer to that question is no, it is not a good idea.

I don't know your size before your first implant, but you will probably double the size of your breasts, and with the rather wide space you have between your breasts, that space will become noticeable, and the implants will extend well beyond the sides of your chest wall. 

Do see a plastic surgeon in consultation to review your personal situation, and to choose the size that will give you your best outcome.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.

Beautiful breasts without Large Implants

No, it is not a good idea.  You would benefit from a breast lift, keeping the same implant or perhaps changing the size slightly.  Your breasts are too far apart and too low.  You are a perfect candidate for a new procedure called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  The only incisions are around the nipples avoiding lollipop or boat anchor incisions.  Remember, your goal is to have beautiful breasts and be pain free.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon