What would be better for a double chin Coolsculpting or Kybella?

Kybella Coolsculpting

Kybella can result in 15-20% reduction of fat similar to Coolshape. Younger patients usually don't need skin tightening after fat reduction as the skin shrinks enough on its own.
Liposuction typically reduces 50% of fat in one session. RF treatments like Velashape and Thermitight plus produce temporary results which require repeat treatments monthly to yearly. Deoxycholic Acid the active ingredient of Kybella can result in somewhat more than 15% reduction in the amount of double chin fat with three to five sessions. Most non-invasive treatments are not proven to be safe nor FDA approved for treatment of the jawline/jowls.
Radiofrequency treatments like Thermage produce quite temporary results requiring periodic repeat treatments. Ultherapy usually does not work.
The most dramatic results in the neck are achieved with a laser/liposuction with Precision tx or Smartlipo; results noticeable at ten days.
Patients should do the math (all these treatments cost nearly the same) and go for what is in their best interest and most reliable. No treatments are guaranteed; legitimate physicians should not promise results. Each option has the possiblity of side effects.
Please use this information when consulting in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. They will be most capable of advising what is best for you.

Kybella Coolsculpting

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Kybella vs Coolsculpting

Thanks for the question.  Both of these therapies work totally different but to achieve the same result: fat reduction.  I like to think of cool sculpting as being the procedure that does the Grunt work and removes the bulk of the fat.  Kybella can then be used to sculpt the neck with more precise injections.  If you have a lot of fat, then you will need A LOT of Kybella, to the point its probably going to be cost prohibitive.  I would recommend in that case, doing the cool sculpting to get rid of bulk, and then clean up the neck and sculpt it with the Kybella

Hope this helps
Good Luck

Kybella vs Coolsculpting

Hope this helps
Good Luck

Kybella and Cool Sculpting

Thank you for your question moeh25. Kybella is the first and thus-far only FDA-approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. Cool Sculpting is another treatment for this area. I find that those with mild to moderate fullness benefit most from a series of Kybella treatments while those with severe to extreme fullness benefit more from a series of Cool Sculpting treatments, sometimes followed by a series of Kybella treatments.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Kybella and Cool Sculpting

Larger necks are better treated with Coolsculpting

I guess the question would be, how large is the neck.  By saying a double chin, I assume a larger neck.  Larger necks are better treated with Coolsculpting.  It's merely a function of the applicator being able to capture a larger area vs. doing many vials of Kybella.  Kybella starts to get cost prohibitive on larger necks because you need a lot of vials to treat it.  It's better to get the size down with Coolsculpting and refine the area with Kybella

Kybella vs CoolSculpt

Kybella was literally designed to treat the double chin. The results are truly remarkable. And permanent. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kybella vs CoolSculpt

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

What would be better for a double chin Coolsculpting or Kybella

Thank you for your question.  A photo would be helpful.  Good candidates for kybella have good skin tone and fullness in the sub mental region. You will need 3-5 treatments of kybella for good results. Each treatment usually requires 2 vials of kybella.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best Wishes

​ Kybella destroys fat under the chin.

Thank you for your question. You did not submit a photo so I’m not sure how much submental fullness you have. At my practice we think Kybella is a better treatment to get rid of the double chin. The treatment offers more control and the doctor is able to target the area more than with coolsculpting. It is a great minimally invasive option for you to help define your jawline (submental area). Kybella is an injectable product that once injected, begins to destroy the fat cells in the target area.
Benefits of Kybella include: FDA-approved for use on fat underneath the chinse Allows more control then coolsculpting over the treatment area  Minimally invasive No downtime Reduced fat underneath the chin Better appearance Youthful look No surgery No general anesthesia Very rare and minimal side effects (typically bruising, pain, and redness at the injection points) If you are interested, please consult with a qualified physician for a full consultation. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

​ Kybella destroys fat under the chin.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella versus CoolSculpting for a double chin

These treatments are becoming very popular because they are both safe, effective ways to improve the appearance of the neck and chin.  I would recommend you visit a Cosmetic Dermatologist who has experience using both techniques.  An in-person examination would be required to determine which procedure would give you the best results.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

KYBELLA VS COOLSCULPTING

Our facility has had an extensive experience with both Kybella and with 2 coolsculpting devices.  In my opinion, the active ingredient in kybella causes a  higher degree of skin tightening than we previously thought.  Therefore, I favor it as a nonsurgical fat reducer and "double-chin" solution because it tightens better than coolsculpt.

Obviously, Kybella does not replace a facelifting procedure if that is needed -- but our results with it have been extremely promising as a nonsurgical option.

KYBELLA VS COOLSCULPTING

Kybella / Liposuction/ Radio frequency/ Cool Sculpting / CoolMini / Neck Laxity / Botox / Double Chin Treatment

I appreciate your question.

Both devices are very successful at treating submental fat.  The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Both procedures are safe and effective with minimal downtime.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

I appreciate your question.

Dr. Schwartz