How much does Kybella cost per treatment and how many treatments? (photos)

I want to know generally how many treatments and how much does each treatment run? how long before you finally are done, the swelling it done and your back looking better then new?

How much does Kybella cost per treatment and how many treatments?

Hello debra20016,

The treatments usually run around 1200-1800 dollars depending on how many vials are used.  For most people it is two vials.  It takes at least 2 treatments and sometimes up to 4.  Each treatment is spaced about 6 weeks apart.  The first few days you swell up quite a bit.  It goes back to about your baseline at one week.  You will start noticing an improvement after your second treatment.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella costs

Thanks for the question.  Hard to tell based on these photos if you are a good candidate.  The cost varies based on area of the country and experience.  I would say an average is $1500 per treatment.  Most people need 2 treatments, and sometimes 3-4.  Good Luck

Kybella costs

The cost for Kybella is really going to depend on the size of the area being treated. Most surgeons charge by the vial. Most people require at least 2 vials per session and it take 2-4 sessions for your final results. However, the results are permanent. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Treating Chin Fat with Kybella

KYBELLA® is used to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin --often referred to as a “double chin .
Kybella is a cytolytic drug, which when injected into tissue physically destroys the cell membrane. When properly injected into submental fat, Kybella destroys fat cells getting rid of unwanted double chin fat.

We suggest 2 or 3 treatments scheduled 4-6 weeks apart . Our patients have seen noticable improvements at every treatment!

#Kybellacosts   #Kybellatreatmentsessions  #Kybellaexpectations

Kybella Basics

Kybella is an injection that has been recently approved by the FDA to help improve the appearance of fullness associated with the submental fat of the neck in adults. It is not approved for use in the jowls due to risk to a major motor nerve of the face.

During a Kybella treatment, the neck is first cleaned and numbed with topical lidocaine. A pattern is drawn on the neck and the product is injected into the fat pad - dissolving the fat. The body then absorbs the fat over several weeks. There is swelling, bruising, and some numbness in the area during this time. The injections are usually done once a month and it can take 2 to 6 treatments to reach full effect depending on the severity of the fat.

The cost is variable depending on the amount of fat to be treated but ranges from $1500 to $1900 per treatment. Effective alternatives for submental fat removal include liposuction and direct excision. A detailed examination will help delineate the best option. Consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Kybella vs Coolmini vs Liposuction

I do all three... but good to know all your options:
There are multiple factors that go into answering this question...
If there is a lot of fat, liposuction is your best bet. This can be done in-office under local anesthesia.
If surgery is not something you are comfortable with, Coolsculpting would be your best bet financially... as long as the Coolsculpting applicator fits and you are okay with more time to see full results (than liposuction). If your jaw is too small or the amount of fat too little, the CoolMini may not fit.
Lastly, if you have a small amount of fat and the CoolMini applicator doesn't fit your face, I would go with Kybella. There is a significant recovery period with Kybella and the product is not cheap. That is why I reserve it for people with a small amount of submental fat.
My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Kybella treatments

Kybella treatment costs vary from person to person depending on the amount of fat underneath the chin.  Patients who have smaller amounts need less product injected and fewer treatments.  These patients will often see results in 1 treatment but will likely need 2-3 treatments spaced about 6 week apart.  Patients will a lower amount of fat find the treatment to be cost-effective and well worth it.  Patients with larger amounts of fat will require much more product and up to 4-6 treatments translated to larger costs to achieve optimal results.  Sometimes, these patients will be better off having a liposuction instead.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella Loose Skin, Cost

Sculptsure is the newest non-invasive ultrasound based fat reducer. You can expect up to 20% reduction of the fat in the belly and waist. Neck applications have not been FDA approved yet. Sculptsure may be repeated to obtain greater results obtained 6-8 weeks after the procedure.
Kybella can result in 10-15% reduction of fat similar to Coolshape. No procedure other than liposuction or laser liposuction will tighten the skin.
Liposuction typically reduces 50% of fat in one session.
Patients who have needle phobias are not good candidates for any invasive procedure.
Please use this information when consulting in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. They will be most capable of advising what is best for you.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Kybella cost and number of treatments

Thank you for your question.  It is hard from the photos alone to assess how much fatty volume you have under your chin.  You should see a visible change after one treatment, however, you may be happier with outcome if your repeat the treatment in ~6 weeks time.  I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who can discuss your surgical and non-surgical options with you in more detail.

Kybella

Thank you for your question.  Kybella can range from $2500-3000 for two treatments, and on average a patient can expect to have at least 2 treatments to achieve an optimal, full effect.  Typically, you will have swelling in the submental region (under the chin) for approximately 3 to 7 days.  You will also be numb in this area, and this can last up to 3 weeks. 

After your first treatment, the swelling and inflammation will need to resolve for at least 6 weeks, before you have a second treatment.  Six weeks after your second treatment is when I would say you have full results (for a total of 12 weeks).  Of course, this is average and all patients are different!  Be sure to consult with a board certified facial plastic or general plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation.

I hope that this helps!

-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon