How much does Kybella cost per treatment and how many treatments? (photos)

I want to know generally how many treatments and how much does each treatment run? how long before you finally are done, the swelling it done and your back looking better then new?

Kybella costs

Thanks for the question.  Hard to tell based on these photos if you are a good candidate.  The cost varies based on area of the country and experience.  I would say an average is $1500 per treatment.  Most people need 2 treatments, and sometimes 3-4.  Good Luck

Kybella costs

The cost for Kybella is really going to depend on the size of the area being treated. Most surgeons charge by the vial. Most people require at least 2 vials per session and it take 2-4 sessions for your final results. However, the results are permanent. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

How much does Kybella cost per treatment and how many treatments?

Hello debra20016,

The treatments usually run around 1200-1800 dollars depending on how many vials are used.  For most people it is two vials.  It takes at least 2 treatments and sometimes up to 4.  Each treatment is spaced about 6 weeks apart.  The first few days you swell up quite a bit.  It goes back to about your baseline at one week.  You will start noticing an improvement after your second treatment.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella fee depends not only on what you need, but also on your provider

Hi and thank you for your question. I can only speak for what I have seen here in NYC.  Initially as Kybella was introduced into the market, it was seen very much as Botox or Juvederm where "20 Units" or "1 tube" was a "typical" amount used in a treatment. It has quickly become apparent that everyone is quite different, and that the treatment not only had to be tailored to the amount of fat targeted under the chin, but also the size of the area. Via experience in treating many patients in my practice, my philosophy has been refined to the following, the number of vials is determined by the actual area being treated (i.e. a man with a large neck vs. a woman with a small neck), and the number of treatments (or visits), is determined by the amount of fat that needs to be removed (same size patient, but one has more fat than the other). As treatment has evolved it has become apparent, at least to me, that a total treatment fee is a more fair way for patients to approach this procedure. We are not looking for a "let's see what might work" approach, but rather for definitive results. In the studies done by Allergan, the maker of Kybella, the typical patient required between 2-4 treatments, with a few needing as little as 1, but some as many as 6. In my experience, I have seen that most men will require 2-3 visits, typically a total of 7-10 vials, while most women will also require 2-3 visits and 6-8 vials. So, if you have a large man and a small woman both needing 2 visits, the actual number of vials will be different, and in turn so will the cost. It would not be atypical for the cost of full treatment on a woman to be around $3600-$4200, while for a man it can be be $4000-$5000. If you are trying to do treatment with less vials and sessions than needed to save money, the result will likely not be satisfactory. 

Edward A. Alvarez, DDS
Manhattan Dentist

How much does kybella cost and how many treatments.

Kybella costs vary depending on the amount of fat present in your neck and the size of your neck. It usually requires 2 vials and 2 treatments for most people at $1200 a treatment. But the fat is gone and does not need to be repeated. A very full neck may require more vials or more treatments.

The swelling lasts about 4 days, and the "funny feeling" in your neck that tells you it is working usually lasts about 4-6 weeks. Tightening usually occurs during the latter stages of that time period.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

How Much Does Kybella Cost

This is a great question because many people want to know the price or cost of Kybella.  It is also a difficult question because each patient is different in terms of the amount they will need and the number of treatments they will need.  In addition, prices vary with every area and surgeon so the best way to get an idea of the cost or price for Kybella in your area is to check right here on RealSelf.  If you go to the search box above, enter Kybella cost and then look under the cost tab for your area.  I have also added a link for prices at my office for you.

Whatever the cost, Kybella, if you are a candidate, is almost always well worth it if it is done right.  The “worth it” ratings for Kybella are a little lower than one might expect but there are a lot of unhappy patients who expect great results with just one treatment. 

I hope that helps and if it does please up vote it on the top right.  Thanks

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Treating Chin Fat with Kybella

KYBELLA® is used to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin --often referred to as a “double chin .
Kybella is a cytolytic drug, which when injected into tissue physically destroys the cell membrane. When properly injected into submental fat, Kybella destroys fat cells getting rid of unwanted double chin fat.

We suggest 2 or 3 treatments scheduled 4-6 weeks apart . Our patients have seen noticable improvements at every treatment!

#Kybellacosts   #Kybellatreatmentsessions  #Kybellaexpectations

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Kybella vs Coolmini vs Liposuction

I do all three... but good to know all your options:
There are multiple factors that go into answering this question...
If there is a lot of fat, liposuction is your best bet. This can be done in-office under local anesthesia.
If surgery is not something you are comfortable with, Coolsculpting would be your best bet financially... as long as the Coolsculpting applicator fits and you are okay with more time to see full results (than liposuction). If your jaw is too small or the amount of fat too little, the CoolMini may not fit.
Lastly, if you have a small amount of fat and the CoolMini applicator doesn't fit your face, I would go with Kybella. There is a significant recovery period with Kybella and the product is not cheap. That is why I reserve it for people with a small amount of submental fat.
My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Kybella treatments

Kybella treatment costs vary from person to person depending on the amount of fat underneath the chin.  Patients who have smaller amounts need less product injected and fewer treatments.  These patients will often see results in 1 treatment but will likely need 2-3 treatments spaced about 6 week apart.  Patients will a lower amount of fat find the treatment to be cost-effective and well worth it.  Patients with larger amounts of fat will require much more product and up to 4-6 treatments translated to larger costs to achieve optimal results.  Sometimes, these patients will be better off having a liposuction instead.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella cost and number of treatments

Thank you for your question.  It is hard from the photos alone to assess how much fatty volume you have under your chin.  You should see a visible change after one treatment, however, you may be happier with outcome if your repeat the treatment in ~6 weeks time.  I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who can discuss your surgical and non-surgical options with you in more detail.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD