I'm 5'7" 133 lbs 34b possibly small c... Considering 485cc silicone ... Would that bring me to size D? Please help.

An in-office consultation is the best way to answer your question with more certainty.

Based on your information, you are at a very good weight and your breast measurements 34B-small C are quite typical. If you are looking to be in the D cup range most likely implants in the range of 450+ cc should be plenty large to achieve a D cup result.

You should consult with a plastic surgeon in person to answer all of your questions and help you to achieve your goal.

Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Best Breast Size for Me?

Thank you for the question. Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with meaningful specific advice. Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be helpful during this communication phase.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

485CC is a large implant

Thanks for your question. Given your height, weight and current size, a 485CC implant would put you at >D cup. Whether this is DD or beyond is hard to say. There is a loose rule that it takes about 200CC to change to the next cup size. This is not a hard and fast rule, but a generalization. A 485 CC implant that is the Moderate Plus with Mentor or Moderate profile with Sientra will be 13.5-14cm wide. I would be surprised if your base diameter was that wide. The risk of using that large an implant is that it increases the possibility of implant malposition as well as capsular contracture. A larger implant will weigh more as well. Not everyone has the same measurements however and that is why it is important to meet with someone who can explain these variables. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is an ASAPS member. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Smaller implants

At size 34 B each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 200 cc implants would take you up to a size D. It is unlikely that 485 cc implants would fit retro-pectoral, would extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. I always recommend small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

It is hard to determine what cup size you will be after surgery. You will have to wait one month after surgery to go bra shopping and learn your new size, remember you are going to be a little bit swollen the first weeks, so it's impossible to know what size you're going to be.

You'll just have to wait and see for yourself.

Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Implant volume and cup size

Without seeing you in person it is difficult to say what volume implant is right for you. Remember though, volume of implants do not approximate cup size exactly.