Hard lump after fat transfer?

I had fat transfer 10 days ago . Day 3 I had bruises to one bit of my breast I felt a hard lump in that area . Told my PS he said its just where he injected the most fat . Today the lump is still painful & seems to be getting bigger it's the size of a golf ball

Fat transfer

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent procedure! More than likely this hard lump is normal post-op swelling and should subside in the next 8-10 weeks. The most important thing is ruling out infection, so keep an eye on it and if the size continues to increase or you begin running a fever, you will want to be seen by your surgeon right away. If you still have concerns I would recommend scheduling an in-person checkup with the surgeon who preformed your surgery. Good luck! 

Fat transfer

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Lumps after fat injection

This sounds like it could be normal.  These things will usually smooth out in the first 8-10 weeks.  You should consult your physician on your next follow-up.  If you begin running a fever you may need to see them right a way to rule out an infection.  This is rare.

Lumps after fat injection

Fat Transfer/Liposuction/Breast Implants/High Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you contact your surgeon to discuss your concerns at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

I appreciate your question.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Fat Transfer Facts -- Add PRP/Sculptra for best results

it takes 6-12 weeks to see the outcome of fat transfer, I suggest having patience till this time.  Add PRP/Sculptra to maintain the outcome.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fat transfer/Lipofilling/Lipotransfer/Autologous fat transfer

I would see your plastic surgeon for assessment. If this area is getting bigger they should rule out infection and abscess formation but may just represent post-operative swelling. 

All the very best,

Jonathan Adamthwaite FRCS (Plast) Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

All the very best,