Hard lump after fat transfer?

I had fat transfer 10 days ago . Day 3 I had bruises to one bit of my breast I felt a hard lump in that area . Told my PS he said its just where he injected the most fat . Today the lump is still painful & seems to be getting bigger it's the size of a golf ball

Fat transfer

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent procedure! More than likely this hard lump is normal post-op swelling and should subside in the next 8-10 weeks. The most important thing is ruling out infection, so keep an eye on it and if the size continues to increase or you begin running a fever, you will want to be seen by your surgeon right away. If you still have concerns I would recommend scheduling an in-person checkup with the surgeon who preformed your surgery. Good luck! 

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after fat injection

This sounds like it could be normal.  These things will usually smooth out in the first 8-10 weeks.  You should consult your physician on your next follow-up.  If you begin running a fever you may need to see them right a way to rule out an infection.  This is rare.

Jeffrey Marvel, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer/Liposuction/Breast Implants/High Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you contact your surgeon to discuss your concerns at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Fat Transfer Facts -- Add PRP/Sculptra for best results

it takes 6-12 weeks to see the outcome of fat transfer, I suggest having patience till this time.  Add PRP/Sculptra to maintain the outcome.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fat transfer/Lipofilling/Lipotransfer/Autologous fat transfer

I would see your plastic surgeon for assessment. If this area is getting bigger they should rule out infection and abscess formation but may just represent post-operative swelling. 

All the very best,

Jonathan Adamthwaite FRCS (Plast) Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Jonathan Adamthwaite, FRCS (Plast)
Manchester Plastic Surgeon