I'm Only 15 and my Breasts Are Already Saggy - What Can I Do?

i am a 34C and my breasts are saggy , but im only 15 so i think they should be perky , especially since theyre not totally huge. im really embarresed of them because most girls my age have nice cleavage and i dont. im thinking about surgery but i dont want to be unblanced....so would breast lift be the best thing ? does it really make a big difference ?

Saggy at 15

It is difficult to offer suggestions without a formal exam and consultation.  But, if your breasts are sagging, and if they are quite large,you may be a candidate for a breast reduction which would also lift the breasts.  But, I would wait until you have fully matured, nad a consultation would only be available with parental consent..

Breast enhancement

Restoring shape and volume is what breast enhancement procedures are all about.  When there is loose skin, this must be addressed.  There are many options available with different lift procedures and a multitude of breast implant options.  Here is a basic list of the four options available:

1. Breast lift alone (mastopexy)
  2. Breast lift combined with a small breast implant (below the muscle)
  3. Breast lift followed by a large breast implant (2 separate procedures)
  4. Breast implant alone (on top of the muscle, silicone)

Every woman is built differently and every breast is different, even on the same person.  So, each procedure is customized for every individual.  The final decision on how to proceed can be made after a history and physical examination, detailed measurements, photographs, computer simulation, trying on sizers, reviewing before and after photographs of other women similar in shape and size and talking with your surgeon.  A surgical plan will be developed that depends on:

• Patient desires
  • The breast "footprint"
  • The expertise of the surgeon
  • Cost
  • Down time
  • Scars
  • Risks and potential complications

Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs breast enhancement procedures frequently.  This is an outpatient procedure with a quick recovery and a very high patient satisfaction rating.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift At 15?

Thank you for your question! It is hard to tell without a physical examination if a lift is what you need.  Seek the advise of a board certified plastic surgeon.  You may have to wait until you are 18 years old.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certified  Plastic Surgeon  Chicago  Hoffman Estates Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question! I hope that these answers help in making your decision. It is not uncommon to have the symptoms that you describe, especially in teenagers once her breasts begin to fully develop. It may be that you have juvenile hypertrophy, in which case, your symptoms may worsen and breast continue to grow and droop over time.  However, if you are not having any symptoms and desire the procedure to improve the shape, it would be wise to consider this after your breasts have fully developed.  At which time, the shaping could be performed more accurately.

Once one begins to have the symptoms that you state above, consideration for a surgical procedure to ameliorate your symptoms, assist with self esteem, and allow you to get back to physical activities in your youth should be done. Given your symptoms, you would be an ideal candidate. You must first discuss with your parents and pediatrician, and then consulting with a plastic surgeon for evaluation and examination to assist you in deciding if this would be the right thing for you. Your surgeon will also go over what to expect as well as the risks and benefits of the procedure. Overall, your symptoms should be ameliorated almost immediately and hopefully give you more self confidence and an increased activity level. Your breasts may still continue to grow over the next several years, but it is certainly reasonable to consider this at this age with the issues that you are having. Many surgeons will recommend awaiting until full breast development prior to consideration, but discuss your concerns. I hope that this helps! Good luck with your decision!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Breast Lift

Thank you for the question. The truth is there is little you can do. It is unfortunately genetic. The more fluctuation in weight the greater the sag. A great way to slow down the breasts from sagging is to wear a well supported bra. Wearing a bra as much as possible prevents the droopiness of skin and breast tissue. Good luck to you.

Rady Rahban, MD

Breast Lift Surgery & Age

When patients have significant breast sag, I don’t feel that they should be denied the benefits of breast lift surgery because of an arbitrary age cutoff. Before proceeding, there are several unique considerations in this group that must be considered.

One of these is the issue of breast growth. I would prefer stabilization of breast growth for at least six months prior to proceeding with surgery. Another issue is the age of consent. Because of this, parents should be involved in every step of the decision making process.

Breast lift surgery is associated with high patient satisfaction rates. Younger patients may experience benefits that may not occur in older patients. These include less teasing about their breast sag at a time when their self image is developing and improved athletic performance at a time when participating in sports is important.

Without pictures and a physical exam, it’s hard to know what type of breast lift is best for you. In some cases where breasts are large, breast reduction can be performed as a component of your breast lift.

If you’re considering a breast lift, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. It’s also important that your parents be a part of the decision. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast surgery in a young teen age girl

Every one develops differently and the breasts are no exception.  There is no reason why your breasts developed the way that they did.  The good news is that this problem can be corrected.  I am sure that this effects your self-confidence.  The first step is to seek the care of an experienced plastic surgeon who can explain your alternatives as well as the risks and benefits.  If you are a minor then you may need to have a parent accompany you to the consultation.

Breast Lifting for 15 Year Old?

I'm surprised and apologize for some of my colleagues'  responses.  I frankly think they are inappropriate....

At your age, the concerns you have may be very legitimate. I would suggest that you begin to do your homework and learn about breast lifting  and the pros and cons associated with the procedure. I would suggest waiting to have any procedures done until the time when you have  reached a plateau in your growth.  It's time the procedure carefully;  some patients wish to have the procedure done after completing pregnancies...

Young and not so perky: breast lifts

A breast lift may provide you with an improved contour but it will require incisions and scars on your breasts and you must be prepared for this. Generally it would be best to wait for you to achieve a stable growth. This could also interfere with your ability to nurse following pregnancy. Discuss this with your pediatrician and gyneocologist first.

Saggy breasts at 15

If you have stopped growing, I would consider having a breast lift.  If your breasts "came in" saggy, you probably have a imbalance in your breast development.  The most common imbalance is when the upper part of the breast develops normally but the lower part does not.  This leaves the areola and nipple looking too low and sometimes big and puffy and the whole breast looking saggy.  This is an example of a "tuberous" breast. 

A breast lift can do a lot to improve the balance of the breast and the position and size of the areola and nipple.  I do almost all my breast lifts using a vertical technique which leaves a scar around the areola and a vertical scar from the bottom of the areola down to the crease under the breast.  Breast lift usually does not result in sensation loss or loss of ability to breast feed an infant.

I think the teenage years are tough enough without being ashamed of how your chest looks if your problem can be addressed safely and effectively and if you are mature enough to make the decision.  I would discuss this with your mother or another female relative or friend whom you trust.

Also, at your age, it's not so much what the boys like.  It's having you feel comfortable with your body.

Good luck,

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD