Big Boobs finally gone! Yippee!! - United Kingdom, GB

I had first breast augmentation 3 years ago. It's...

I had first breast augmentation 3 years ago. It's was always something that I wanted to get done since I was a teenager having small breasts made me feel self conscious about my shape. I have always been curvy but just never had anything up top. I went for a consultation in London when I was 20 and had my date for surgery booked I couldn't believe I was actually booked in. Time went so quickly and before I knew it the op was only 2 weeks away. I didn't feel ready. I don't know why really so I cancelled my surgery.

I then had my first baby a few years later and to be honest my boobs didn't really change too much but I started to feel like I wanted surgery again. I didn't really give it much thought I knew that I'd always wanted it done so I went to a surgeon who was recommended to me. I decided not to have a consultation this time as I'd had two previously and I thought I knew everything I needed to know. How wrong was I. I ended up with huge boobs that I hate and this has effected me on a day to day basis. I took some pictures with me and said I wanted to be a dd, the surgeon recommended 700cc high profile implants so I went along with it.

When I woke up after the surgery I was so unwell I could hardly sit up, I thought this would pass after a few days. I ended up staying at my mums house for 1 week as I needed looking after 24/7 I couldn't even get myself out of bed due to the weight on my chest I needed help to sit up. I was like this for a good 3 weeks or so and I found it hard to stand up straight. The pain was so bad, having had 2 children I can honestly say that was more bearable.

So 3 years down the line nd I'm actually doing something about it. I feel like a big weight has been taken from me after speaking to my husband and telling Kim how unhappy I was. I kept it to myself for this long because I felt bad and thought he would be mad at me. He has been so supportive and I'm so glad he's my husband. Within a week I had an appointment to go and see my surgeon.

I kept telling myself that my breasts were swollen and that they go down, this didn't happen these we're my breasts. I find it hard to exercise due to the weight on my chest and I feel embarrassed that they are so big. They have changed my figure massively before I had a tiny waist hips and a bum and now this seems to have disappeared and all I see is boobs. I find it difficult to buy clothes and always buy bras to minimise my breasts.

I'm looking forward to having my implants removed and want to be my old self again. I can honestly say that that I have been from one end of the scale to the other (I'm now a 36 e/f) and big boobs are not all they are cracked up to be. The pretty bras seem to stop at dd and you just don't have much of a choice.

Roll on 1/3/13!

This time in 2 weeks it will be my last night with...

This time in 2 weeks it will be my last night with huge boobs! I'm so excited this time even more than before I can't wait to feel myself again.
I've decide on implant size between 300 and 350 cc I really don't want to be big. My friend had her first ba in December and had 350cc and she looks amazing. She's smaller framed than me so I'm hoping if I go for the same ill be just as happy!
Hurry up 1st march!! X

I thinking between a 300 and 350 cc implant. But...

I thinking between a 300 and 350 cc implant. But can't decide exactly what. I want to be a c cup and no bigger at the moment I have a 700cc in will this make enough of a difference? I'm now a 36 e/f but want to be no bigger than a c cup help!!! Surgery in 13 days! X

Just over a week to go! I'm feeling excited now...

Just over a week to go! I'm feeling excited now just want this to be over with so that I can draw a line under it and get on with my life again.
Does anyone know how the size of the pockets are made smaller? I'm re-sizing from a 700cc to a 300cc.

Less than 48 hours to go!! I can't believe it's...

Less than 48 hours to go!! I can't believe it's nearly time I'm looking forward to be able to look good in clothes again rather than hiding behind them all the time. Hurry up Friday!

My op was Friday and I feel so much better. My...

My op was Friday and I feel so much better. My 700cc's are no more!
The procedure was very straight forward and I was not in any pain at all. I was very surprised at this as I expected to be in some pain.

I had my surgery at 9 am and I was out walking in Brussels during the afternoon!
I had 280cc inserted to give me a sutle result. When I first saw my breasts I was a little taken back because they seemed a little saggy. But by the next day they looked allot better. I don't think they will ever look like a boob job now where my skin has been stretched but I've been told by my surgeon that the skin will pull itself back into shape with time. I'm so happy with the results and I finally feel like me. I lost just under 3lb in weight and I straight away look slimmer and fit my tops better. Big boobs are not always a good thing and in my opinion I have defiantly done the right things. I can't wait to go bra shopping and be able to look on the c cup rail rather than f!!!
Roll on the summer, no more covering up for me.

Well it's nearly 2 weeks since my op and I'm...

Well it's nearly 2 weeks since my op and I'm loving the results. My boobs have plumped up into the slightly stretched skin and look great. I'm so glad I went for 280cc as I would not want to be any bigger. My stitches come out tomorrow and then its time to full my draws with pretty bras. I haven't been measured yet but I'm thinking a c cup just as I wanted. Perfect! Very very happy :0)

You really help a lot of people when you share stories like yours. I am very happy for you!!
can you share pics?
Glad to hear that you are on the other side of this! I would have to agree that 700cc is quite large. I thought mine were big at 550cc. I chose to have an explant with no new ones after my left one ruptured. My breasts have bounced back really well. I was certainly worried after having 550cc's in there for 13 years that the result would be bad.
I'm so glad I made the decision. How long did it take for you breasts to fully recover? I'm not in any pain or anything and I can't wait to go bra shopping but want an idea of how long to expect to be in my support bra for? Did you breasts go back to shape fully?
Congrats!!! You have to do what's best for you and your happiness. 700cc sounds massive! I have 375cc and I thought that was big lol. Are you getting a lift? What's going to happen to the extra stretched out skin? I'm considering a revision to 200cc but honestly don't know what's gonna happen to all the excess skin that was stretched out. I'm looking forward to following your story and seeing your results. You sound so happy and excited and I'm sure liberated soon!

You poor thing. I bet you had a lot of back pain with the 700s! That's a large size.

I'm glad you're able to downsize and that your husband is being supportive. Please keep us posted as you get closer to the big day!

Omg! I can't believe that surgeon put 700 cc in you. I just had my 2nd revision surgery done just a couple of days ago (Feb 6). My 1st surgery was done in 1996 w/ a mere 280 cc saline implants. I wasn't satisfied b/c I felt it was too small so I had my 1st revision surgery in 1996. I went to the same PS & just told him that I wanted my boobs to be bigger. I was so naive back then....so I ended up with 525 cc (still saline b/c silicone was taken off the market still). I knew my new boobs were too big for my small frame but it I lived with it. I never felt comfortable wearing anything low cut b/c it was obvious that I was a person who had implants. So fast forward, 17 years later...I was finally able to afford to get the breasts I've always dreamed of. I had to wait that long b/c my kids had to grow up & get through college. I am 50 years old now and I work hard to stay in shape but it's my too large breasts that still bothered me. So with the support of my husband, I underwent my 2nd revision surgery on on Feb 6, 2013. And I am estatic with the results. ..Perfect in very way! I finally have the breasts I've always wanted. Just the right size, shape, spacing...400 cc HP silicone. Luv my new look, very natural looking. I feel great but still need to lay low until I get the OK from my awesome PS, Dr. Randy Wong (Honolulu, HI). It's funny how when I was younger, I just wanted big boobs. Now at almost 51, I just want to look enhanced but in a very natural look. Best of luck to you.
I totally agree with you there there is nothing nice about big boobs. How was your revision surgery in terms of pain? I had so much pain on my first op and not on my actual chest or where the scares were which was weird. All my pain was in my back so possibly due to the weight of my implants. I could hardly move or walk for quite some time. I just hope my next op isn't as bad. I'm looking forward to my revision so much more than I did my first ba I can't wait to feel normal again.
I didn't have much pain at all! I would say it was more of a discomfort than actual pain. Like I said, my PS didn't prescribe any narcotics. He felt Extra Strength Tylenol was going to be sufficient. And he was right! I would say my initial augmentation was the most painful because an actual "pocket" needed to be created to fit the implants. With this surgery, I was "sizing down" so I assume this is why I had very little pain, no real bruising that I can see, and hardly any swelling. I went for a slow walk that very same day. And have been walking very day since. I didn't do much yesterday (which was 2 days after my surgery) but today I feel really good. I vacuumed my house today & went shopping. My range of motion when I lift my arms up is about 80%. And the actual incision area is a bit tender but other than that, I feel great. I think your recovery will be pretty smooth too b/c you are downsizing also. No more nightmare post op! What size will your new implants be? Saline or silicone?
Thank you for your post I'm pleased your happy with your revision surgery, I have 13 days to go and I can't decide on 300 or 350 cc. My 700 cc make me a 36 e/f and I want to be no bigger than a c cup. What do you think? Do you think this is enough of a drop to make a c? It's so hard to decide. X
Hello Gemma1981, I think dropping from a 700cc to 300-350cc should definitley make a difference...my guess is this should take you down to a c cup. Just be sure that your PS will be adjusting your pocket to accomodate a much smaller implant. My PS said he didn't need do much of an adjustment to my pocket going from approx 510 cc to 400 cc (I had him measure out the saline from my old implants. I was told by my previous PS that 525 cc was put in. I guess that is how much left). Have you discussed this w/ him? I'm curious, how much is your revision costing you? So it's been 11 days since my revision. I went back to yoga on Thursday, the 14th...I took a couple of extra strength Tylenol just in case I was gonna be uncomfortable. I could pretty much could do everythng except a chataranga (if you are familiar w/ yoga). Today, yoga was way better....feeling about 95% healed. What little swelling I had is going down. I do notice a slight rippling on my upper left breast when I am not wearing a bra. I am fine w/ this...just having smaller breasts is great. I soon as a put on a bra, the slight rippling disappears. And going from saline to silicone is such a huge difference. My breast are so soft and very "moldable," unlike saline. I can't wait to go bra shopping. I re-read your posts and you never mention what kind of implants you have right now. Saline or silicone? And what profile? Keep in touch.
I have high profile silicone implants at the moment and I'm happy with their feel and shape so I'm sticking to them and as for size I've decided on a 300 cc. I really don't want to be big and at the most a c cup. Do you know how the surgeon closes the pockets during the op?
No, I don't really know how the PS closes/decreases the size of the pocket. If you do a search on RealSelf on "procedure to decrease breast pocket for revision surgery," there is a lot of info on this.