Going in for a Redo! - San Diego, CA

I had implants in 2000 with saline over the muscle...

I had implants in 2000 with saline over the muscle implants. I have since had and breastfed two children with no issues. A couple of weeks ago, got in the shower and when I looked down I noticed that my left implant had ruptured. I seriously wanted to cry. Not only was it horrible timing, but I was two different sizes!!! I have since been on many in person and internet consultations and have decided to go to California to have the procedure done. I am going to be having the saline implants removed and replaced with silicone along with a pocket change to behind the muscle and a breast lift. I figure I may as well get it all done while I am in there. I have to say I am so nervous. I think I have goggled one too many procedures. I keep worrying that my nipple tissue is going to die. I am so looking forward to the big day but nervous at the same time. Having a deflated implant in your chest is not at all fun. I am also worried about the pain. I have a high tolerance for pain, but I also have a two year old who loves laying on my chest. It's going to be a bit challenging.

Good luck with everything. I'm sure you'll be just fine. I just got 400cc sub muscular with silicone and the pain was not bad at all. I know it's not the same, but I have a large cat that likes to lay right on my chest lol and she was right back to her spot on my chest a couple days post op and I didn't find it hurt at all
I'm implants are ok, I'm just getting lollipop surgery aug 26. We will be recouping at same time. I hope all goes well for you. Who knows, 1 of my implants could rupture anyday. I'm also getting Facelift also.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your rupture. My saline implants are 8 years old so I'm just hoping they last as long as yours did. Your story will give me peace of mind knowing that it can be fixed, but it just takes some time and patience. I'm betting that after having 2 kids, you'll be able to muscle through the pain. Will you have anyone to help you the first few days of your recovery? How far do you have to travel? Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. Wishing you the best. Keep us posted!