Going in for a Redo! - San Diego, CA

I had implants in 2000 with saline over the muscle...

I had implants in 2000 with saline over the muscle implants. I have since had and breastfed two children with no issues. A couple of weeks ago, got in the shower and when I looked down I noticed that my left implant had ruptured. I seriously wanted to cry. Not only was it horrible timing, but I was two different sizes!!! I have since been on many in person and internet consultations and have decided to go to California to have the procedure done. I am going to be having the saline implants removed and replaced with silicone along with a pocket change to behind the muscle and a breast lift. I figure I may as well get it all done while I am in there. I have to say I am so nervous. I think I have goggled one too many procedures. I keep worrying that my nipple tissue is going to die. I am so looking forward to the big day but nervous at the same time. Having a deflated implant in your chest is not at all fun. I am also worried about the pain. I have a high tolerance for pain, but I also have a two year old who loves laying on my chest. It's going to be a bit challenging.

Good luck with everything. I'm sure you'll be just fine. I just got 400cc sub muscular with silicone and the pain was not bad at all. I know it's not the same, but I have a large cat that likes to lay right on my chest lol and she was right back to her spot on my chest a couple days post op and I didn't find it hurt at all
I'm implants are ok, I'm just getting lollipop surgery aug 26. We will be recouping at same time. I hope all goes well for you. Who knows, 1 of my implants could rupture anyday. I'm also getting Facelift also.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your rupture. My saline implants are 8 years old so I'm just hoping they last as long as yours did. Your story will give me peace of mind knowing that it can be fixed, but it just takes some time and patience. I'm betting that after having 2 kids, you'll be able to muscle through the pain. Will you have anyone to help you the first few days of your recovery? How far do you have to travel? Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. Wishing you the best. Keep us posted!

Keep us posted! I hope it goes well. For me, going under the muscle was more painful than my initial over the muscle implants, but the pain wasn't debilitating. I'm 6 weeks post op, and I went 75 cc bigger, and mostly pain-free. My PS continues to stress one thing: rest. With the new pockets & amount of correction work he had to do, it is important to let my body heal. I have struggled with this because my body composition is changing and I miss working out, but I know how important it is to heal. I know I can lose the weight, I don't know if I can afford to go through the emotional stress of another surgery anytime soon.
My PS stressed the same thing about taking time heal. Not working out my upper body is going to be really hard. It's taken me months to improve my weight and tone and losing it bums me out. On the other hand my sick boobs needed to go. My husband is convinced the silicone leak was responsible for me being sick all of the time. I had silicone leaking into arm pit etc...I will take better care of my new girls!
Hello Heart. I feel so bad for you. I have a contracture and rupture in my left breast. ( silicone behind the muscle) but they lasted 30 years. I chose my first size but this time I'm relying on my doctors expertise to choose the right style and size for my body. I want a very natural look. Because I went large the first time I now need a lift. The bigger you go the more likely the need for a lift later. (Just something to consider) Silicone is very safe now and feels more natural at least to me. It sounds like you have done your homework in choosing a PS. Good luck and keep us posted.
Violet1234, it's crazy. On my surgery date it will be 5 weeks and it seems like forever. It's so hard fitting in clothes are bras right now. I have been back and forth over size. Right now I have 330 and always wanted to go bigger. I was thinking 500ccs but then I see some women with that and I feel it's too big for me and then some don't look so big. I am stressing over it in a major way. I don't want to chose wrong.
             i now how emotional it must be for you! i know what its like to have a deflated saline implant! i had to walk around with one boob for 1 month before i was able to get a surgery date! i have silicone cohesive gels now and i love them! goid luck for your upcomping surgery! what size arebyou getting?
Thank you so much for the kind words. I agree it's certainly something to think about. I will post pictures shortly so ladies can see. It's not attractive and I can not wait to get this taken care of. 23 days seems so far away.
I'm really sad for you but I understand to some extent. I had silicone both times and complications that suddenly appeared several years after my first implants. It was the worst feeling in the world. I was terrified to replace them so I had an explant and then waited thirteen years to get implants again. I think your story is a very good one to read for those considering saline. We all get told these days by the PS that a saline rupture will happen this way but it's hard to believe unless you've been through it. I'm wishing you much success with silicone and hope the recovery is much smoother than you expect.
Good luck with what you do I'm sure it will turn out nicely!