Ups and Downs. - Rancho Cucamonga, CA

First of all sorry I don't have any pictures to...

First of all sorry I don't have any pictures to post for this review, but I hope this helps.

Okay so I am 17 years old and I have clear skin. Yes! You heard me correctly I have no pimples or black heads or what have you anymore. My skin is clear and quite smooth. So anyways 8-9 months ago or so I started my treatment. One pill a day for six months. Easiest acne treatment ever. Seriously, I tried washing my face with a million of those those little sets of three applications and that is just so time consuming. I hated those. I would rarely follow through and even when I did the results went quite unseen. And I had pretty bad acne all over my cheeks and forehead and my chin and as a teenage guy at high school that is really uncomfortable. Especially when dating. So I went to my dermatologist and he gave me the prescription. But before I could get it I had to take blood tests. Luckily my mom is a phlebotomist (a person who draws blood) so I would get that done at home. And for me I had to get my blood drawn each time before I could get the prescription so six times. So if you have a fear of needles this may not be for you.

Sooooo where was I... Okay so I'm at school and I've been taking the pills long enough to take effect. The effects being dry skin. And oh my gosh your best friends will be a good face lotion and Chapstick. I kid you not. My face was so dry I looked like I was dying. :(
It was crazy. My face would not stop peeling. I hated it. I hated every second of it. You know that feeling when you think people are looking at you and talking about you even though they are most certainly not? Yeah that's what I thought all day at school. And another bad side effect was my temperament. I was constantly upset and irritated. I was also depressed. I would have suicidal thoughts pretty often. And everyone has those dumb thoughts every once in a while but I'm talking about thoughts that will not leave your head. It's like a nightmare that you can't wake up from. Thankfully I never followed through. My family was there for me and was very understanding thankfully. So if you are already depressed or maybe have attempted suicide or are prone to it somehow, then I would say this is definitely not for you.

So at around month 4 or 5 your skin will start getting better it will actually hold moisture and not peel so much and during that time your skin should be pretty clear and by the end my skin was completely clear but still more dry than normal. A couple months after the treatment was completely back normal. And I am so glad I took this medicine I'm glad I went through with the whole six months. My skin is now like a dream when before it was nightmarish. I would say if you have bad acne this is definitely worth it and you definitely have I check this out.

I'm not sure if my experience was just an isolated incident (which I hope it is) but if not just make sure you know what you're getting into. This is a drug that attempts to stop your normal bodily functions. There's no way this is healthy for you. For gods sake I had to get checked every month to make sure my liver wasn't dying. But I'm glad my skin is clear now. It's all just about making it through the hard times. They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :)
Good luck everyone :)

Glad to hear your skin is so improved and you don't have to take the meds anymore.  How long after you stopped taking the meds before you started feeling normal again?  Thanks for sharing your story with us!

Dr. David

Great doctor. Really nice guy.