40 Year Old Mom of 2, Unhappy with BA, Decided to Downsize - Newport Beach, CA

I’m a 40 year old mom of 2 kids. I’m 5’2,...

I’m a 40 year old mom of 2 kids. I’m 5’2, size 0 and weigh 93 lbs with a slight build. I had a previous BA back in 2011 in which, despite everyone’s advice, I did not do nearly enough homework (i.e bring wish boob pictures, researching other peoples’ experiences, etc). I ended up feeling like I got talked into going bigger since I had heard that was the most common regret.

I currently have Natrelle 325cc HP under the muscle. I went from barely filling a 32A (due to breast-feeding both kids) to a 32D. While I admit that I looked pretty good from the front (straight-on view), I was really self-conscious about how much I stuck out from the side (profile view). My PS was sympathetic but reassured me that it was just post-op nerves and that I just needed to wait until they settled and I just wasn’t used to my new size. Three months post-BA, even though everyone told me I looked great, I did not feel great. I started wear loose clothing and began slouching to hide my chest. Weird, right? Having the surgery was supposed to boost my confidence but instead, the opposite happened. In addition, after the implants had settled down, my right breast ended up being slightly elevated than my left breast. Even though the pockets were identical, the surgery ended up exaggerating this minor flaw which neither myself nor my PS noticed before. It was most obvious when I would wear something with a lower neckline. You could totally tell from a profile view that the right side was sitting higher when compared to the left. I was able to hide it by choosing tube top or bandeau where the neckline went straight across my chest. I found that I could not wear certain v-neck or scoop necklines as you would see that the curve of the right breast was more pronounced from a straight-on view.

So, after 2 1/2 long years, I finally decided to get a revision. I had my consultation last week. I went to the same doctor as I felt I had no complaints about how he performed his “work.” The spacing between the breasts was spot on and the incisions were small and nicely hidden. Plus, I felt that he already seen my chest from the inside and would be familiar with its quirks! My PS advised to go down by at least 75cc in order to notice a difference. I had also read elsewhere (but don’t quote me on this!) that 100cc is the rough equivalent to a cup size. Given my petite frame, we decided to go with Natrelle 213cc Mod+ and, ideally (fingers crossed!), end up somewhere in the B range.

Hi teeny tiny I am quite small myself. 5'2 96lbs I wanted full b and low C I showed a wish picture to the doctor of a girl who looked like me preop and has same stat as me. The dr suggested I do 300cc mod plus just like that girl. But now I am worried after listening to your story. Maybe you had more breast tissues preop? Or high profile made a difference? I am nervous because I am going in for my preop this Friday.
Hi jackeelynn_t, I initially got recommended 300cc - 350cc. To give you an idea of my size, my ribcage, right under my breasts, measures 27" around and 30" around right above my breasts. I can fit into Girls XL (size 14-16) clothing. After nursing 2 kids, I don't think I had that much breast tissue as they looked fairly deflated, heh heh. I thought the high profile ones made me "look like I had a boob job" whereas the mod plus seemed more like I just had a nice push up bra underneath. I know that some people love the high profile look but I found out that I just wasn't comfortable with the 325cc volume. I do have to add that I filled out a Victoria's Secret bra nicer with the high profile implants. Now with the mod plus, I'm most comfortable in those soft bralettes (less expensive too!). I know 213cc sounds small but I like the way they look on me. Little as I am, bigger did not necessarily mean better! Good luck in your pre-op!!
Thanks for your reply. I am surprised you are a 32c with 213cc. I also tried that and a 234cc and that dr said I won't even be anywhere near a full B. I guess I have less breast tissue than you.
Me too! All the B sizes were very tight and uncomfortable, like the cup sizes were too narrow. I fit the C cup sizes however demi bras work better as I don't quite fill out the tops in the full coverage ones (could be due to mod plus vs high profile, you think?) Maybe it's the bra designs out there. I tried Victoria's Secret, Warner's, Maidenform, Calvin Klein, Betsey Johnson to name a few. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Are you happy? Would love to see pictures. I can relate to your situation!!
Hi Jurico123, I'm glad to say that I am! I still ended up being a 32C but I'm finding out that I'm okay with that. Sadly, I do not have pictures (so dumb, I know!) Even though, I had read enough to be warned, the first month was still mentally challenging. Since I was used to the "bigger" boobs, my skin took awhile to acclimate to their new smaller size. As did most people, I initially worried that I had made the wrong decision. Of course, in hindsight, it was all just in my head, heh heh! I do notice that the revised ones feel much softer as the smaller implants do not seem to strain the muscle and skin as much. I'm so glad we went with the Mod+. Who knew that 1.1 centimeters would make such a difference?!? My PS deepened the pocket on the right side to make my implants sit more evenly so necklines are no longer a problem either! My confidence is coming back - I just went bikini shopping this past weekend! Now, if only I can find the time to stick to a solid workout plan... Hope my experience was helpful to you!
Thanks so much! Don't know if you got my other message. But I had my 425cc implants that I had placed in Jan 2014 removed 13th of this month. Soo glad I did. I felt liberated. I'm letting the pocket Ishrink and will have smaller ones placed in sept. I felt exactly like you before you went smaller. I could have wrote the exact story. You give me hope! Thanks tinny
Glad I could help! No, I'm sorry I did not get your other message so I went back and read your previous posts. Wow, you sure have been through a lot but you sure look great and happy to see that you are getting healthy to boot! I did have a question for you - for your scars, what did your doc recommend? I am 4 months post surgery and have been using the Mederma scar cream. It's been slowly fading but was wondering if there were other products that people liked. Any thoughts?
I started using ketalog cream and one other in the begining. I have a big scar but it is very low and is hidden no matter what I wear. ( thank goodness! =)) I don't use anything any more. It's red still but flat. I know in time I it will fade away. So I can't recommend anything. I'm waiting until Dec to have the new smaller lads put it. Thanks again! :)
Thank you for taking the time to share your story. The women I have seen that have downsized have been extremely happy with their results. Hope your surgery went well. Do you have someone helping you the first few days of your recovery? Looking forward to your update. Happy healing!