Breast Implant Revision - Extremely Happy! - Mckinney, TX

Before my consultation, I spent weeks on the...

Before my consultation, I spent weeks on the internet, researching saline vs. silicone, over vs. under, round vs. teardrop, smooth vs. textured, high profile vs. moderate plus, 250cc vs. 550cc, cohesive, gummie bear, lollipop, anchor, donut, crescent, internal bra etc., etc. etc. – with breast implants you have more options than a Starbucks latte! As many of you know, this can be overwhelming. You are about to make a life changing decision and want the best result possible! A good friend in the medical field referred me to Dr. Setty and I could not be happier with my results! From the moment that I met him, he made me feel comfortable. He actually listened to what I was looking for and made suggestions/recommendations that I had not even considered.

We collectively decided on an anchor lift with round, textured, cohesive gel, 385 cc Sientra implant under the muscle. I explained to Dr. Setty that I wanted to be lifted as high as possible. Lift and shape were my top priorites and size was a distant third. I would rather be lifted and perky than large and saggy any day! To understand my decision and Dr. Settys recommendations you need to hear my full story.

When I was 22 (2001), I consulted a doctor for a breast lift. I had always been unhappy with the perkiness of my breasts. Size wise, I was a 34D to 36C. My original doctor (not Dr. Setty) recommended a 425-450cc Saline implant over the muscle – I naively accepted this recommendation and scheduled surgery the following week. The moment that I woke up from surgery, I knew I had made a HUGE mistake! The doctor surpassed the original recommendation of 425cc size by over 235ccs! I was left with 660cc saline implants over the muscle! Not only were they ridiculously round and hard, they were ridiculously HEAVY!! And I am not talking a little heavy, VERY HEAVY. For the last 12 years, I wore a sports bra – 24/7 day and night. In the shower, I had to hold up my breasts with my arm. They were literally an anchor – and please let this serve as a warning to any of you contemplating going over 600ccs. In addition to the large hard implants, I developed Grade IV capsular contracture (CC) and was in constant pain.

During the consultation, I explained all of these issues to Dr. Setty. Here was his recommendation and why:

Silicone – more natural feel and smoother shape
Cohesive Gel – less potential for rupture/leakage.
Round – to still give me some upper pole fullness
350-385cc – average D and NO larger
High Profile – this was my preferred projection
Textured – less probability for dropping (sticks like Velcro to tissue/muscle) and less potential for CC again
Under muscle – smoother shape, less potential for CC again, better for mammograms

Dr. Setty listened to every detail and made the most thought out recommendation. I had never really considered textured implants until he explained the benefits and why this suited my particular situation. I am now a total proponent! He also recommended that we deflate my current implants to see what breast tissue I had left. This initially was quite a stressful proposition considering that waking up with deflated breasts was one of my worst fears. After he explained the rationale, I trusted him and was on board. Let me just say that instead of the experience being emotionally debilitating, it was actually liberating!!! I no longer had the weight of 660ccs of water bearing down on my poor skin. It made me even more excited for my upcoming surgery.

My surgery ended up taking 7.5 hours due to the immense amount of scar tissue and calcification from the capsular contracture. He had to remove a large amount of tissue and then had to lift and rebuild my breasts. He took his time and you can tell!! He did an absolutely fabulous job! I now have perky, perfectly shaped, D sized breasts. Not too round, not too hard and most importantly not too HEAVY. I have full confidence to go without a bra now!! This is an amazingly wonderful feeling!!

Before pictures

Before pictures. The bra is a 36F and I am overflowing it! 660cc saline implants over the muscle. Very round and heavy!

After deflating

Pictures right after doctor deflated my saline implants

1 week post op

1 week post op photos

3 weeks post op

My photo taking skills are not the best! Still a little glue left on the incisions. I love the size!! They are so lightweight!

12 Week Post Op Photo

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

A good friend in the medical field referred me to Dr. Setty and I could not be happier with my results! From the moment that I met him, he made me feel comfortable. He actually listened to what I was looking for and made suggestions/recommendations that I had not even considered. If you are looking for a surgeon that is up to date on the latest technologies and will listen and customize the surgery to your specific needs, please contact Dr. Setty! **Feel free to read the full review and experience on my profile page**

Thank you VERY much for showing the deflation!! Im thinking about not only a revision but a MM as well. How did they deflate them and was it done under a local or general?! Im thinking it might help me as well to determine how much natural breast I have before my lift and exchange.
They deflate with a syringe. It doesnt hurt at all - so don't worry about that! Just local. It does show how much breast tissue you have left - that is the reason my doctor suggested it for me. After 2 kid and 13 years with implants, I had no idea what i was working with naturally. I would recommend deflating close to surgery though. You can feel the deflated implant inside... and that can poke here and there. Good Luck with you surgery! I love my smaller size!
Ok, great info thanks! One more question I forget if you mentioned was is your implant that was deflated was behind the muscle, it would make sense if it was not but I gotta to ask :)
They were on top of the muscle and Saline. :)
Yep, makes more sense now. Mine are below the muscle and I doubt it can be done under a local but I will look into it more. Thanks again!

Thank you for your updates photos. You look really good! I love your results!

I think that you look amazing and your PS did a great job!! You are going to have a very natural look, and I agree that the deflated breast look better, the 660 look painful. Happy healing and good look to you!!
Thank you!! 660 was incredibly painful. I am much happier with the smaller size! Hope your pain has improved as well!
You look great! I am so sorry that your first experience went the way it did. I couldn't even imagine! Anyway, I think that you look amazing and your PS did a great job!! Happy healing!
Thank you!!
             you look good! nice result!
Thank you!
Great results you look fabulous, I hope to have such a great out come...I had overs with cc on one going to unders and need a lift on one side , quite scared of doing this all but I need to replace. Also got a chance to see me deflatted , major wake up call. Your results give me hope :)
Thank you!
Wow what a difference! Larger is not always better. I'd have to say even the deflated picture of your breast looked better than the 660 overs. I'm glad you've got the results and relief you deserve. Your new boobs look awesome :)
Thank you so much! Its funny but I totally agree... I liked the deflated breasts better than the hard round ones! :)
I'm still in awe that you are not experiencing more pain like I did after all you have been trough. I'm coming up on the two month mark and still have pain in my right breast. It is better everyday but somewhat disappointed that my nipples are not higher. I didn't really want a lot of cleavage as it's not very attractive and looks more like a butt crack on me.
So sorry you are still experiencing pain... that is no fun!! It was pretty painful the first week but most of my pain now is from the incisions pulling or rubbing. Is your pain nerve pain or soreness? I experienced a lot of nerve pain after my original BA but not a lot this time around - well at least so far... I truly think your breasts look great! Something to think about - you dont want you nipples too high or they might show above your bra and in low cut tops. ;)
Thank you for your story ..I'm currently looking into revision
Good luck!! You came to the right place to research! :)
Thanks for posting the pictures! You have beautiful results and must be thrilled! When was your surgery date? Do you still have pain? I wish I would have discussed texture with my PS. I'm not as perky as I would have liked. Failed the pencil test today. Lol I'm trying hard to lower my expectations at my age!
Thank you! You look fabulous! Your pics could easily be someone in their 30s! :) my surgery was Aug 28 so I am right past 4 weeks. No more pain per say. Just a little soreness here and there. The worst part is sleeping on my back. My ps recommends a full 6 weeks of back sleeping and I don't want to risk anything. I am cautiously optimistic that they will stay high. My ps took me as high as possible (my request) and now I just hope that texture does its job and they say put. ;) I had never really considered textured until my he suggested it. Most surgeons in the US prefer smooth as they move more freely in the pocket. I really don't care about pocket movement. I just wanted high and tight. You mainly see texture on anatomically shaped implants so they don't turn. It just make sense to me that texture will help to keep a round implant in place as well. I also went almost half the size of my original implants and the weight difference is incredible! I never could go without a bra without feeling like I had to support them with my arm and now they feel so lightweight.
Thank you so much for posting your review. It really helps to share with others going through a similar experience. I would love hear more about your recovery. Did you have pocket repair? I would love to see your results.
Hi Newmeaug13! You are actually one of the people that I followed on a daily basis before and after my surgery. Your story was very similar to mine! thank you for sharing!! I figured it is now my turn to share and hopefully help someone else out. I had quite a bit of repair. My doctor estimated 3.5 - 4.5 hr surgery. It ended up taking 7.5 hr because there was so much scar tissue and calcification. He had to close my pocket over the muscle and create a new pocket under the muscle. I am about to post pictures before and after. Just had to get up enough nerve. :))

Congratulations! I can't begin to imagine how great you must feel both physically and emotionally. Did you not feel justified getting this done earlier? Sounds like you were in discomfort for several years. Wondering if you're a tall woman and if your original surgeon thought you could carry the 600 cc's with no problem. Glad you're happy now! Thank you for taking the time to explain in detail your experience. Many women on RealSelf will find this most helpful.