Finally Got Damon System Braces - Frederick, MD

So I have this popping clicking noise from my jaw...

So I have this popping clicking noise from my jaw and I have been told by a couple of dentists and oral surgeons that I would need braces to help correct. Well the last oral surgeon explained that I have to have all of my teeth aligned because in order to correct my jaw I will have to have surgery to remove part of it. Finally in December 2012 I made the plunge. I had the appointment all booked to have the all metal braces put on by Dr Stanley Robison. The I had to get a crown so I was delayed until the end of January. It can be a lot of pain and actually just recently had the worst so far. I still had one of my baby teeth in the front and the adult tooth was horizontally impacted across the roof of my mouth. The first 10 months of braces was spent making room for an adult tooth. So in October I had to see an oral surgeon to have an extraction and exposure done. So I have a chain running from the impacted tooth hooked to my braces. And in my most recent visit to Dr Robison they changed out my upper wire for a heavier one and are still working on pulling the tooth down, my teeth hurt for a week adjusting to it. Well I'm expected to be in braces from at least another year then surgery and another round of braces.
Wow!  This is serious treatment you are going through.  So you've had Damon all metal for a year, and another year to go before jaw surgery?  Or did I misunderstand that?  Also, it would be really helpful to see a picture of that impacted tooth and the chain.  I cannot even imagine what that looks like and the angles and everything.  When you described it at first, I thought maybe the impacted tooth was in your hard palate, but that now seems unlikely.

Please clarify whether you have regular braces or Damon, and if you have Damon I'll move you to the Damon community so you can meet others who are using them :).

Damon braces all metal. Yes I have at least another year. The tooth is impacted in my hard palette.
If your jaw pops/clicks, NUCCA chiropractics has been highly successful treating this issue for many. It corrected my issue immediately whenever it "popped" up over the last 35 years and I've stayed free of it for years at a time. No surgery, no appliances. Long term resolution.
Thanks for the clarifications!  I've moved you to Damon now.  Here are a few others who are currently in Damon Braces and active here on RealSelf--I think you've been in braces longer than any of them.

rockmelon just started at the beginning of May.
annerobin12 has been in treatment for about two and a half months.
mippolito started in mid-January.

I look forward to following your progress, and if you need any technical help or other help here on RealSelf, please let me know! :D
Dr Stanley Robison

Dr Robison is an awesome orthodontist. His office staff is really nice and very easy to talk to. He tries to keep you with the same person each time you go. And in case of emergencies they are very quick about getting you in.