Damon Braces - Adult

I will be turning 40 this year and have always...

I will be turning 40 this year and have always wanted to have my smile corrected. I always hated close up pictures because of my teeth. My insurance changed this year and now it will cover adult braces so I jumped at the chance. I am happy that I took the time to do this for myself. The first few days my teeth were a little tender when I would eat. Other than that I haven't had any pain. For me the biggest "problem" is learning how to eat. My expected treatment time is 2 years. As the time got closer to have them put on I was getting nervous. It is typically teenagers that get braces so to be 40 and getting them was a little scary. The brackets are clear and you can hardly notice the braces unless you are close up. I will try to make updates and show pictures of my process.

Bottom Brackets

6 Months

I was given bands at my last appoint. I was told to wear them all the time except when eating and brushing. The first few days were a little uncomfortable but nothing real bad. By the 4th day it didn't bother me any more. I have to change them out 3 times a day. I usually change them after each meal since I have to take them off anyway.

So what are the bands addressing?  And also, WOW, the difference is already stunning from your first pic!
The bands are to correct my overbite. I'm not sure how long I will have to have them. I know it is amazing how much they have changed in 6 months. I'm supposed to have them for another 18 months but I'm hoping it will be shorter. :) I see him in two more months I will have to ask him then.
Hi!  How are things going?  You've had at least one adjustment since your last update, I think?  How did it go?  I want to see your progress! :D
Everything is going good. I had an adjustment in April and go in for another one next week. I can't believe it has only been 4 months. I had my first regular cleaning last month. That went well. No cavities. :) After my next appointment I will try to post some pictures.
Yes, please, and thank you :D!

You can't believe it's only been four months because you results are so good?  Or because time is creeping so slowly? LOL!
I am 45, I had braces at 19, I had congenitally missing molars both sides lower teeth. The orthodontist back then opened the spaces to make room for bridges. Well I grind terribly and I can't seem to keep a splint in my mouth at night to stop it. Well one of the bridges popped off and wasn't notice until tooth decay occured. So one side I have 2 spaces. I do have some bone atrophy and I am aware that moving a tooth into this space is risky. However I am on Growth Hormone injections that will help with quick bone growth( I have researched). I want to move the remaining molars forward and I need help on which braces are gentle and will minimize the damage to my roots. I also have very short teeth and was wondering if they can be pulled down a little to brighten my smile. I must do something about the grinding and I feel that I'm grinding because I have a poor bite. I bite on my left side and continually bite my inner lip when chewing.. very painful and sudden... :( Connie
Thank you for the new picture!!!  They are so clear, even on the bottom!  I'm so used to seeing regular silver brackets on the bottom!
Most people don't even notice them at first. It has almost been 3 months since I've had them . I go in for another adjustment in 3 more weeks. Can't wait.
I look forward to the update!  Our Damon community is so small--you may want to look in our regular braces forum for support.  We have a number of people who are active in the braces community.
Just checking in to see how you're doing! :)
I'm doing great. I have had one adjustment so far. No pain so that is great. I can tell my teeth are moving. It isn't really noticeable but it hasn't been 2months yet.
Oh, great to hear that you're not feeling pain!!!! :D  How are you dealing with cleaning your teeth?
That can be challenge sometimes. I bought a water pick so that gets what is missed when brushing. Which is more than you would think. Flossing also takes longer.
My husband had Damon and it took him half an hour to floss, three times/day.  Plus he bought a waterpik too.  He still got three cavities during his treatment :(, but I think he hadn't quite understood how you're supposed to floss--like he thought he was supposed to saw front to back instead of up the sides of each tooth.  Bizarre.  Hopefully you'll get no cavities!!!
Do you have top and bottom clear?
The top are all clear except the very back one. The bottom 4 in the middle are clear. All the other ones are metal. You can't tell even when you smile. I will post some new pictures soon so you will be able to see.
Thanks!
Congratulations and thank you so much for starting your story here on RealSelf!  You are a beautiful woman, and soon your teeth will match :D.  I'm so excited to see your progress!