Damon Braces - Adult

I will be turning 40 this year and have always...

I will be turning 40 this year and have always wanted to have my smile corrected. I always hated close up pictures because of my teeth. My insurance changed this year and now it will cover adult braces so I jumped at the chance. I am happy that I took the time to do this for myself. The first few days my teeth were a little tender when I would eat. Other than that I haven't had any pain. For me the biggest "problem" is learning how to eat. My expected treatment time is 2 years. As the time got closer to have them put on I was getting nervous. It is typically teenagers that get braces so to be 40 and getting them was a little scary. The brackets are clear and you can hardly notice the braces unless you are close up. I will try to make updates and show pictures of my process.

Just checking in to see how you're doing! :)
I'm doing great. I have had one adjustment so far. No pain so that is great. I can tell my teeth are moving. It isn't really noticeable but it hasn't been 2months yet.
Oh, great to hear that you're not feeling pain!!!! :D  How are you dealing with cleaning your teeth?

Bottom Brackets

Hi!  How are things going?  You've had at least one adjustment since your last update, I think?  How did it go?  I want to see your progress! :D
Everything is going good. I had an adjustment in April and go in for another one next week. I can't believe it has only been 4 months. I had my first regular cleaning last month. That went well. No cavities. :) After my next appointment I will try to post some pictures.
Yes, please, and thank you :D!

You can't believe it's only been four months because you results are so good?  Or because time is creeping so slowly? LOL!

6 Months

I was given bands at my last appoint. I was told to wear them all the time except when eating and brushing. The first few days were a little uncomfortable but nothing real bad. By the 4th day it didn't bother me any more. I have to change them out 3 times a day. I usually change them after each meal since I have to take them off anyway.

So what are the bands addressing?  And also, WOW, the difference is already stunning from your first pic!
The bands are to correct my overbite. I'm not sure how long I will have to have them. I know it is amazing how much they have changed in 6 months. I'm supposed to have them for another 18 months but I'm hoping it will be shorter. :) I see him in two more months I will have to ask him then.
Cool :).  And thanks for the info on the elastics.