Damon Braces - Adult

I will be turning 40 this year and have always...

I will be turning 40 this year and have always wanted to have my smile corrected. I always hated close up pictures because of my teeth. My insurance changed this year and now it will cover adult braces so I jumped at the chance. I am happy that I took the time to do this for myself. The first few days my teeth were a little tender when I would eat. Other than that I haven't had any pain. For me the biggest "problem" is learning how to eat. My expected treatment time is 2 years. As the time got closer to have them put on I was getting nervous. It is typically teenagers that get braces so to be 40 and getting them was a little scary. The brackets are clear and you can hardly notice the braces unless you are close up. I will try to make updates and show pictures of my process.

Bottom Brackets

6 Months

I was given bands at my last appoint. I was told to wear them all the time except when eating and brushing. The first few days were a little uncomfortable but nothing real bad. By the 4th day it didn't bother me any more. I have to change them out 3 times a day. I usually change them after each meal since I have to take them off anyway.

My next appointment is Dec 8th and they plan on removing by braces. I'm pretty excited. I will post pictures. If they have you wear bands make sure you wear them as often as they say. It can delay the process and extend the treatment time if you don't. Sometimes they had me just wear them at night and sometimes it's all the time except when eating.