Damon Braces - Adult

I will be turning 40 this year and have always...

I will be turning 40 this year and have always wanted to have my smile corrected. I always hated close up pictures because of my teeth. My insurance changed this year and now it will cover adult braces so I jumped at the chance. I am happy that I took the time to do this for myself. The first few days my teeth were a little tender when I would eat. Other than that I haven't had any pain. For me the biggest "problem" is learning how to eat. My expected treatment time is 2 years. As the time got closer to have them put on I was getting nervous. It is typically teenagers that get braces so to be 40 and getting them was a little scary. The brackets are clear and you can hardly notice the braces unless you are close up. I will try to make updates and show pictures of my process.

Bottom Brackets

6 Months

I was given bands at my last appoint. I was told to wear them all the time except when eating and brushing. The first few days were a little uncomfortable but nothing real bad. By the 4th day it didn't bother me any more. I have to change them out 3 times a day. I usually change them after each meal since I have to take them off anyway.