I'd Have Done It Differently Had I Known Everything 'Up Front' - Fleming Island, FL

My 30+ year old implants had failed and needed...

My 30+ year old implants had failed and needed replacement. I told Dr. Fee that I had two different size implants because my original surgery was to correct a significant asymmetry. I made it clear to him that I wanted to remain symmetrical and look he same. He sold me on his services by saying that he had all size implants in the operating room, which I knew was not standard. He then put the same size implants in each breast. He had neglected to tell me in pre-op discussion that he didn't think the way to balance was by using different size implants. I found out in the post-op visit that he proposed to reduce the breast tissue in the larger one in yet another surgery.

After the original surgery, I was perfectly proportionate. Now I have two completely different size breasts, one a D and one a DD. I can't buy bras that fit, my blouses pull to one side constantly and my friends have noticed and asked if I've had 'anything done'. I'm absolutely miserable and I've never been more self-conscience in my life. Now, I don't even want my husband to see me undressed. Had Dr. Fee told me in the consultation that he would use the same size implants, instead of the different sizes which keep me symmetrical all these years, I would have immediately gone elsewhere. PLEASE ASK ALL PERTINENT QUESTIONS IN ADVANCE BEFORE CHOOSING THIS DOCTOR! Also, DO NOT NEGLECT TO GET AT LEAST THREE OPINIONS, as I had originally planned to do before I let Dr. Fee talk me out of it!

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

His neglecting to tell me he would not use different size implants has impacted my day to day life in an extremely negative way. As a real estate professional I would lose my license over less than this. I chose him in a consultation because he said all the right things; but when given the opportunity, he omitted to tell me the one thing that would have taken me elsewhere immediately.