I'd Have Done It Differently Had I Known Everything 'Up Front' - Fleming Island, FL

My 30+ year old implants had failed and needed...

My 30+ year old implants had failed and needed replacement. I told Dr. Fee that I had two different size implants because my original surgery was to correct a significant asymmetry. I made it clear to him that I wanted to remain symmetrical and look he same. He sold me on his services by saying that he had all size implants in the operating room, which I knew was not standard. He then put the same size implants in each breast. He had neglected to tell me in pre-op discussion that he didn't think the way to balance was by using different size implants. I found out in the post-op visit that he proposed to reduce the breast tissue in the larger one in yet another surgery.

After the original surgery, I was perfectly proportionate. Now I have two completely different size breasts, one a D and one a DD. I can't buy bras that fit, my blouses pull to one side constantly and my friends have noticed and asked if I've had 'anything done'. I'm absolutely miserable and I've never been more self-conscience in my life. Now, I don't even want my husband to see me undressed. Had Dr. Fee told me in the consultation that he would use the same size implants, instead of the different sizes which keep me symmetrical all these years, I would have immediately gone elsewhere. PLEASE ASK ALL PERTINENT QUESTIONS IN ADVANCE BEFORE CHOOSING THIS DOCTOR! Also, DO NOT NEGLECT TO GET AT LEAST THREE OPINIONS, as I had originally planned to do before I let Dr. Fee talk me out of it!

I 'm very picky and expect only the best due to having my intial breast augmentation 10 years ago by another PS that did'nt provide the outcome I had seeked-I wanted a size D, he overfiled me with DDD, having overfilled and hard breast for years I was relunctant in seeking another PS, however with age and wanting comfort, I did my extensive research for a great PS- and in knowing people that highly recommended Dr.Fee, I made an appointment with Dr.Fee, starting with the staff making my appointment for consultation I was provided excellent service, kindness. Dr. Fee made me feel comfortable and was very patient with all my questions and concerns. I knew that I had found the PS that I could put my trust in- I am 11 days post op having R&R-( removal of old overfilled saline implants with replacement of memory gels) he and his staff are the BEST :) I 'm in great appreciation in finding Dr. Fee for all my needs . I am planning abdominplasty next- You're never too old to feel your best! Many thanks to Dr. Fee and staff :)
I was getting ready to post my own review when I happen to run across your post. I feel the need to post a response for anyone else that may come across your post. I too had surgery in November 2011. I was made aware of ANY issues that may arise by Dr. Fee and I had not had previous surgery to even know what questions to ask. After my procedure, I had issues with my healing not going accordingly not to any fault of mine nor Dr. Fee...what impressed me was that he was extremely attentive and concerned. I had his cell number if I needed anything, they provided any and all medications and bandages that I may have needed as well as any special request I had. The staff was wonderful during the several months of recovering I ended up having and without even asking, he provided the necessary reconstruction I needed because HE wanted outcome to be what he thought I wanted and had paid for. I am sorry that you do not feel the same. I have recommended Dr. Fee and his staff to many, many people and will continue to do so. Extremely happy with my breast reduction and abdominalplasty!!
Dear Kim, Thank you for the comments and I do take your concerns seriously. Your case was not as simple as you describe on the internet and without all of the facts, you can appear misleading both to doctors who are trying to help you and the public which really does not understand. Having different size implants that are over 30 years old and ruptured is differentnow than when you had your surgery 35 years ago. In the face of rupture with old gel implants, the inflammatory process is significant and the scar tissue (capsule) surrounding the implants requires removing as well. The size you become after the inflammatory process subsides and the scar tissue is removed will take months to decipher. Since the implants were so old we could not read them. Putting in identical implants makes perfect sense despite your previous history. Since I only was able to see you once one week from your surgery (November 2011) I think you are doing yourself a disservice by not following through to see where to go. Hope you are well otherwise. We are available to you should you wish to reconsider your circumstances.
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

His neglecting to tell me he would not use different size implants has impacted my day to day life in an extremely negative way. As a real estate professional I would lose my license over less than this. I chose him in a consultation because he said all the right things; but when given the opportunity, he omitted to tell me the one thing that would have taken me elsewhere immediately.