4th Time Lucky!! - East Grinstead, GB

I first had a breast enlargement about 25 years...

I first had a breast enlargement about 25 years ago when I was working as a dancer / model and living in Madrid. Around 7 years later I had the surgery re done as I was not happy with the way my breasts looked, one of them had a big indentation in it. By this time I was working in South Africa and I had the operation there. Then 14 years ago I returned to South Africa to have my then silicone implants replaced with saline as there was a lot of bad press about silicone at the time. Although I must point out that I had been very happy with mine and had successfully breast fed my two children with them in place.

In October 2013 one of my saline implants ruptured and completely deflated, whilst I knew that I was not in any immediate danger and the saline would be absorbed into my body I was devastated to find myself with only one breast. As far as I was concerned I had only one option and that was to find a reputable surgeon and have surgery as soon as possible.

I found Mr Banwell through researching on the Internet, he had all the right qualifications and specialised in breast augmentation.

I was very lucky when I phoned Mr Banwells secretary and explained my situation, they had just had a cancellation and were able to give me an appointment within 2 weeks! Mr Banwell was very professional and understanding, we went through all my past history and he agreed to see me again a week later and to do the operation shortly after that. I was very impressed that despite my having had this procedure 3 times before he still explained everything in detail and made sure that I was well informed.

I had my Surgery at the Mcindoe Centre which is very impressive and everyone was lovely, I couldn't have been in better hands! The after care was great too!

We are now 3 months down the line and I am absolutely delighted.

I have the round silicone implants and I am really pleased with them, they look and feel very natural and have given me back all my confidence again.

A very big thank you to Mr Banwell and his team I would recommend you any time!
London Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on your recent breast implant revision surgery! I'm so happy to hear you're pleased with your results. Throughout your revisions, have you remained about the same size or have you fluctuated with different sizes? How many cc's are your new silicone implants? Feel free to share any before and after photos!
Dear Beth, I have fluctuated. This time I went from 325cc saline to 565cc Gummy bears high profile. I am built like a football player wide shoulders so it looks totally natural. These implants have a 1-3% chance of encapsulation and my surgeon doesn't believe in massaging the breasts after surgery. He says "I put them where I want them don't move them" He seems to feel that is why I had so many encapsulations the other docs had me moving the breast all around adding to the development of scar tissue=encapsulation.
I also have the gummy bear type now and they are just great. My surgeon also didn't believe in massaging and everything seems to be fine. I have always had to massage in the past!
I had my initial BA in 2012 and got grade 4 CC bilaterally and almost immediately. My initial PS had me massage and displace implants at day 4. Just had complete capsulectomy/ implant replacement and my new PS said NO massage or movement of implants. I'm hoping that works. It's encouraging to hear your PS said the same thing. Good luck!
Would you say you went up a cup size with your latest revision? I know that each type of implant is slightly different in size when comparing ccs. Sounds like the Gummy bear will be the answer for you, along with no massaging.
Wow, this is good information. I bet the new Gummy bear implants look great on you. If you have wide shoulders, you can definitely gracefully carry a larger implant. Hope you're still enjoying your new look and that perhaps bra shopping has been fun!