Scary Experience in Thailand

I had a breast augmentation revision. In 2007, I...

I had a breast augmentation revision. In 2007, I had a breast augmentation. I was a 34A and my breasts had always been kind of droopy at a young age. I have a very small body, but curvy just the same. I didn't want big breasts. I just wanted to look normal. I got 240 cc low profile implants, and I was happy with the results and the doctor who performed the surgery. About 4 months later, they had gotten smaller and sort of "deflated."

In 2010, I decided to get a breast augmentation revision. The pricing charged by my previous doctor had risen drammatically, and I was recommended to another doctor by a medical tourism agency. He spoke poor English and rushed me through the consultation. I had my doubts, but I had also had doubts before and figured that this was just a symptom of being an American getting surgery performed in the East. Again, I did not want large breast, just the fullness that I had before. He convinced me to do 300 cc HIGH PROFILE implants.

I was in a lot of pain after the surgery. Even the poor bedding that I was given was causing extreme pain in my lower back. The doctor never visited me. I wasn't given after-care instructions.

I feel like I look so fake now. I am still in pain. I have pain under my left arm when I try to raise it. I vain pops out and I feel a burning sensation in my arm. The appearance of the breasts was not what I was looking for. The doctor never removed my bandages. I was told that I could do it myself by the nurses.

Dr. Pitch (Yanhee)

Rushed consultation, inadequate English, lack of availability of range of implant sizes, no before and after pictures shown, holes/stains on hospital walls, ants in hospital, provided no after-care instructions, did not remove bandages (had to self-remove), hospital bedding and care was poor, results were not what I was asking for, and amount of pain/recovery time was significantly greater than first surgery.