Scary Experience in Thailand

I had a breast augmentation revision. In 2007, I...

I had a breast augmentation revision. In 2007, I had a breast augmentation. I was a 34A and my breasts had always been kind of droopy at a young age. I have a very small body, but curvy just the same. I didn't want big breasts. I just wanted to look normal. I got 240 cc low profile implants, and I was happy with the results and the doctor who performed the surgery. About 4 months later, they had gotten smaller and sort of "deflated."

In 2010, I decided to get a breast augmentation revision. The pricing charged by my previous doctor had risen drammatically, and I was recommended to another doctor by a medical tourism agency. He spoke poor English and rushed me through the consultation. I had my doubts, but I had also had doubts before and figured that this was just a symptom of being an American getting surgery performed in the East. Again, I did not want large breast, just the fullness that I had before. He convinced me to do 300 cc HIGH PROFILE implants.

I was in a lot of pain after the surgery. Even the poor bedding that I was given was causing extreme pain in my lower back. The doctor never visited me. I wasn't given after-care instructions.

I feel like I look so fake now. I am still in pain. I have pain under my left arm when I try to raise it. I vain pops out and I feel a burning sensation in my arm. The appearance of the breasts was not what I was looking for. The doctor never removed my bandages. I was told that I could do it myself by the nurses.

Dr. Pitch (Yanhee)

Rushed consultation, inadequate English, lack of availability of range of implant sizes, no before and after pictures shown, holes/stains on hospital walls, ants in hospital, provided no after-care instructions, did not remove bandages (had to self-remove), hospital bedding and care was poor, results were not what I was asking for, and amount of pain/recovery time was significantly greater than first surgery.

Can you confirm which hospital it was done - was it PIAC
Hi Talc1980 - it was the PIAC. Are you considering surgery there?
Yes I'm hoping to go in august this year - I have just my pics for evaluation I have contacted PIAC directly - I can't wait - I have hearts so many good experiences from this hospital
I had surgery in Thailand at the PIAC, my sister had surgery in Australua with one of the top three surgeons in Melbourne. After comparing stories, I feel the hospital I went to was far better than what she did. She still had complications, a bleed as he has nipped something accidentally. She also had a fluid pocket, and was sent home the same day she had surgery. I had no complications, the hospital was cleaner than the hospitals I have been to here in Melbourne. I was rolled from my private room, through the ward, down in the elevator. Through corridors, into the pre-op room and then into theatre. It was immaculate, clean and in great condition. No holes, no ants, no dirt. I had nurses at my every call and constantly checking on me, the surgeon visited prior to me leaving the hospital, checked my charts, checked the wounds and breasts, fitted me with a supportive bra and gave me recovery instructions. He wished me well, thanked me and was genuine and professional. I felt like he actually cared for my well being. I did a lot of research before choosing to have surgery in Thailand. One point that stuck with me was that there are over 600 plastic surgeons in Thailand, only some 20 odd are board approved and world recognised. If anyone is questioning the safety, I would recommend getting in contact with Lotus Medical International. Out of the 5 medical companies I enquired with, I felt the safest with them. I met the directors at the hospital, and trust them 100%, they tell you how it is, and do not sugar coat a thing. Best of luck
Every experience is different I know, just wanted to share. The hospital room is nice, but in order to get to the operation room, they had to stroll me outside to get to the building where they perform surgery. Plus, the surgery room is sparse and the anesthesiologist archaic. I am still looking for a doctor to fix me!
So what exactly happened? Are you trying to find another surgeon because of what the surgeons did at the piac international hospital? Also, I heard they are building a whole other plastic surgery section to the hospital so it should be better than before.
Yes. The results very bad. I had to stay in the hospital for five days. The hospital looks great, but looks can be deceiving. The surgeons are behind in technic. Your on your own when things go bad. Everything was below par. I thought the same as you, but I am one of the unlucky ones. My breast deformed and so far un fixable. I'm looking for a breast revision specialist. You sound like your going to go and I'm not trying to talk you out of it, just wanted to say it was really bad for me. Good luck.
Oh geez, ok well thanks for letting me know :/ it's really hard to know if it's a good decision or not just with the amount of success but then will that you are always going to find the odds with failures and things that could go wrong. Such a difficult decision.
And sorry about all the questions but would you be able to let me know the name of the doctor you had at piac? Thank you
I went to Phuket International Hospital
Ok, and what doctor did you have? What went wrong? There is a beauty guru on youtube that vlogged her whole experience and she went to the piac hospital and is doing just fine. Ive heard so many good things, I don't know what could have gone wrong that wouldnt have been any different than getting it done in the country you are in. The thing about whether you get it done in your own country or abroad is that there can be complications either way. In my opinion.
Good luck. I have nothing more to write to you.
Is that the same as PIAC or is that a different hospital and which dr

How are you feeling now? Have you needed a revision?

I had breast augmentation in Thailand as well. Was your operation done at the Preecha aesthetic institute? It has been 6 years since my implants and I still have soreness at the nipple area. I don't know if you are an expert or can honestly answer this question but the soreness happened the day I woke up from the surgery. It is my logical belief that if I have the implants removed which the institute said they would do that the soreness will go away and the previous pleasurable sensation will return. I think the implants are impinging on a nerve in both breats. both nipples are sore. the nerves are not damaged because I feel soreness. If the nervers were damaged I would have no sensation. I am desperate for an answer. thank you.
Hello, and sorry for the delayed response. I just saw your reply. I am not an expert. I am just a patient like you. I am from the United States, so I returned to the U.S. to have the implants replaced by a surgeon in Beverly Hills. It was costly, but I did not want to go back to the people who did the damage in the first place and it was worth it. I still have numbness in my left arm from my previous surgery and do not know if this will go away. The giant scars are under my arms for life. I went to Dr. Pitch at Yanhee Hospital in Bangkok. I also have experience with Dr. Pongsakorn in Phuket. He was a much better surgeon.
I am planning for a BA in phuket international hospital, I believe Dr. Pongsakorn is in that hospital, would you recommended that I still got through thailand?
Do not go to Thailand! Worst mistake I've ever made!
Well it depends on where you went for surgery. I heard many success stories about phuket piac
Hi there I also booked in with dr pongsatorn I read nothing but good reviews