Is Zerona Safe if You Are Trying to Get Pregnant?

I am not currently pregnant, but I do hope to be within the next year. I know that it is not a safe treatment while pregnant (which would be a silly thing to do while carrying a baby anyway!), and it is recommended not to do the treatment until after 6 weeks of giving birth. My concern is that it may have harmful effects to my reproductive system, or possibly to my future baby if I am pregnant within a few weeks or months of the treatment.

Zerona and Pregnancy

+1

We always advise it is best to wait until after pregnancy and breastfeeding before having Zerona or any elective cosmetic treatments.  There has never been/ will never be studies on pregnant or breastfeeding women having Zerona.  I highly advise that you wait until you are deliver/finish breastfeeding.

Good Luck!

Dr. Grant Stevens

Zerona won't harm the reproductive system.

+1

Zerona does not have any harmful side effects on the reproductive system or future pregnancies.

Just as we do with other elective procedures and medications Zerona should be avoided if you are pregnant or trying to conceive.  If you plan on getting pregnant soon it might be better to wait and do the Zerona after you deliver and are finished breastfeeding. Zerona would help you lose the baby fat.  Good luck with the pregnancy! 

Suzanne Bruce, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon