Why Do You Have to Keep Your Head Elevated and Sleep with Two Pillows After Lip Reduction?

i have done a lip reduction on June 19th .and couple of days i didnt sleep with my head elavated . i woke up and my face was on the bed so .will this effect the look of my lip ?

Tips to minimize swelling after lip surgery

Although you will probably get the same long term results the swelling is minimized and healing accelerated by:

Continued head elevation - sleep in recliner chair for up to the first week
Icing - not directly on skin, 20 min on then 20 min off if comfortable for the first 3 days
Low Salt diet
No heavy lifting, bending over or intense exercise