How Long Would a Hyaluronic Acid Lip Enhancement Last?

how long does it generally last? and is there any dangers or serious side effects to take into consideration before doing this? also do you recommend any other natural / non surgical procedures for lip enhancement? :) thank you

Hyaluronic acid fillers in the lip

+2

Hyaluronic acid fillers like restylane and juvederm typically last between 3-6 months in the lips, though I have seen a few patients at 2 months, and a few at 9-12 months duration. Every person metabolizes fillers at a different rate. For optimal symmetry, beauty, duration, and minimizing of side effects, make sure to be treated by an expert injector such as a dermatologist.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Hyaluronic fillers last 3-6 months in the lips.

+2

Most hyaluronic fillers are gone in 3-6 months and run roughly $550/syringe but look great. Lip implants run $1500-2000/implant and is permanent and easy to put in and natural looking. Lip enhancer lipstick causes lips to plump for 2 hrs for $60 and can be reapplied often to look great for the whole evening. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Hyaluronic acid lip enhancement

+1

I believe either Juvederm or Restylane is the best option for lip augmentation. Lip enhancement with hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane in my patients last at least 6 months and usually last for one year. The Web reference link below will show you photos of my wife's lips before and one year after injection of 2 cc's of Restylane. There is also a 4 year follow up photo showing her long lasting results without any touch ups.

The typical side effects associated with hyaluronic acid injections such as Restylane or Juvederm include bruising, redness, swelling and pain. These occur in as high as 90% of patients and usually resolve within one week. Dangerous side effects are quite rare.

The video link below shows me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane!

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/restylane/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

HA Lip Enhancement

+1

There are several HA products such as Juvederm, Restylane, etc.  All last about the same time.  Most patients come in twice a year for lip injections.  However, each person is different and you will just have to judge for yourself.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Hyaluronic lip enhancement

+1

There are several different brands of hyaluronic acid that can be used for lip enhancement.  Most plastic surgeons use either Restylane or Juvederm.   Either may last between three to sixq months, though the average may be around four months and I have seen it last up to 9 months in rare patients.  Some patients prefer one or the other, but some will get the one that may be on "special" for that particular month that they need a treatment.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon