Can I Workout 6 Hours Before my Breast Augmentation Surgery?

(cos I Want to Sweat)

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Would be tough to have a good workout without having anything to eat or drink but if you really wanted too you could, I know it would be tough for me to take a day off so I get it

Working out prior to surgery

+1

There are no limitations on activity or exercise prior to breast augmentation surgery. It is important to follow pre-op instructions of your surgeon. In my practice, I use general anesthesia as well ans I ask my patients to have nothing to eat or drink after midnight and the morning of the surgery, which may cause you to feel dehydrated after working out. If you were my patient, I would probably ask you not to but ask your surgeon and see what he/she says.

Consult with your surgeon

+1

When you have specific questions about pre or post operative instructions you should contact your board certified plastic surgeon's office for clarification.  I perform breast augmentation under general anesthesia and my patients are required to not have anything to eat or drink beginning at midnight the night before surgery and a workout without being able to have water is not something I would recommend. Best  of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

It might not be the best idea.

+1

Usually working out is good for us from a physical and psycological standpoint.  The issue is that working out, in general, will make you dehydrated.  This is particularly true if you "want to sweat!"  The dehydration can lead to fluctuations in your blood pressure, depending on the type of anesthesia used, and can cause more trouble with post op nausea. Therefore, my recomendation would be that you take it easy, relax, and take the day off from the gym. Hope this helps.

Daniel Sherick, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon