Nose Tape Wet (Closed Rhinoplasty)?

I accidently got the nose tape wet. I have had a closed rhinoplasty and have no splint or packing just some tape on the outside of my nose. Should I be concerned?

Tape Wet After Rhinoplasty

+1

Getting the tape wet after rhinoplasty will not damage the result, and the nose can be retaped if necessary.

Nose tape wet following rhinoplasty

+1

It is unlikely you caused any issues by getting your nose wet. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon, as they may be able to examine the area and ease any concerns you may have. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Nose tape got wet.

+1

I wouldn't worry about it too much. However, I do suggest contacting your surgeon to see if he/she wants to re-tape.

Good luck!

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Nose tape wet

+1

Timmy,

It should be fine. If the wetting makes it come off or loosens it, call your doctors office and ask what to do.

Good luck.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon