Can Taping Hard on Nose After Rhinoplasty Cause Solid Bumps?

I got rhinoplast 4 weeks ago , everything ok , except for the swelling on bridge , i knew it would go , but 2 days ago i noticed a bump exactly on the area where it was shaved where i used to have a hump , its not abvious only by touching it , i thought the doctor didnt shave the hump , crazy thought , so my concern is why did it happen , i use the tape everyday as directed , is pushing the tape hard on bridge caused this solid bump ? Will it spread and maybe many bumps all over the bridge ? Thank you

Dorsal hump (bump) after rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for the question.  I would follow your plastic surgeons instructions at this point and give yourself plenty of time for the swelling to go down before assessing the final result.  A residual bump that is caused by cartilage will not go away.  A bump from swelling will go away on its own.

Dr. Remus Repta

Web reference: http://drrepta.com

Bump post-rhinoplasty

+1

It is very early to worry about little bumps and other changes the tissues are going through post-surgery. Most of the swelling has probably not yet resolved. Have patience and continue to follow your surgeon's post-op instructions. With that being said, it's very important to discuss any concerns you may have with your surgeon.

Good luck!

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Bump and rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Hamoodi,

• It is too early right now to say that the bump will be permanent
  • It is ok to feel the bump but not see it because as the skin heals, it will thin
  • Just be patient and keep your surgeon informed

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani