Where Can I Have my Permanent Lower Eyeliner Removed?

This is the second time I have had permanent eyeliner done. This time by a different person who put it on too thick and crooked. My one eye looks as if it droops. I went to another tech to correct it and she said it couldn't be done, but I should use (carefully) Retin A and/or Hydroquinone. I have been doing this for about three months. It has lightened, but the worst area where it droops, is still thick and noticable. Can you suggest a place where I can go and have it lasered off? Will I lose my eyelashes?

Ele liner, tattoo removal

+1

I have treated multiple cases of tattoo lip liner and eyeliner. I like Q-switched Nd: Yag laser (532/1064) or Q switched ruby to help removing black ink tattoo. There is a risk for hyper/hypo pigmentation. It is necessary that corneal shields (glasses) or a metal shield specific be utilized during the treatment.

Web reference: http://www.advanceddermatologypc.com/laser/laser_tattoo.html

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser tattoo treatments can remove unwanted eyeliner

+1

Laser tattoo treatments can remove unwanted eyeliner; however, multiple treatments may be required. You need to find a physician in your area who has a q-switched laser for tattoo removal and is willing to perform those treatments. They should be done with a laser eye shield to prevent injury to the eye which is a shield placed over your cornea. We have the treatment here in Jacksonville, Fl at our office but you may want to find someone locally in your area who is willing to do the treatment since typically three or four treatments may be required to completely remove the eyeliner or one to two to lighten it.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.