When Are Amusement Park Rides OK After Breast Lift?

I had my breast implants removed with a lift on July 19th. I planned a trip to Disney World/Universal for Septemeber 14th, not thinking about if it would be an issue. Will I be OK to go on rides at that point? Will I be OK to swim in the pools? What if I am spitting sutures (or is that still a possibility at that point)? It will be at the 8 week mark.

Clearance after Breast Lift surgery

+1

You will be almost 2 months postop for your planned trip.   As long as you are healing without complication, it should be fine to travel and enjoy the rides and swim.   I would recommend that you get confirmation from you plastic surgeon and ensure that you have no restrictions.

Recovery after breast lift

+1

I generally clear my patients to resume activity as tolerated gradually approximately 4 weeks after breast lift surgery.  You will be 8 weeks, so I'm sure you'll be fine to enjoy your trip.  But, please check with your PS about his/her recommendations.   

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Vacation After Breast Lift

+1

At nearly two months after your breast lift, you should be perfectly fine to go on vacation. All incisions should be healed at that point. Even if there is a small area of suture extrusion which I doubt at eight weeks after surgery), you will be fine to get in the water.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

By two months, you should be back to full activity levels. If you are concerned about spitting sutures, discuss with your surgeon the timing for a pre-trip post-op visit to remove any that might be present with enough time to let them heal.(?10-14 days before leaving).

Have a great trip. Thanks for the question.