Best Filler for Lip Augmentation

Is there a specific filler that does best when used on the lips?

The best fillers for lip augmentation are going to be...

+7

The best fillers for lip augmentation are going to be soft fillers that don't create bumps or nodules and that don't move or migrate over time and as you move your lips and mouth.

Hyaluronic acid-based fillers, such as Restylane and Juvederm, are excellent for use in the lips because they are soft and provide a very natural result. Collagen is also used for the lips, but doesn't last as long as the hyaluronic acid fillers.

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip volume enhancers are either off the shelf or your own fat cells

+5

Of the fillers which are in common use for volumizing structures on the face, the hyaluronic acid family, Juvederm Ultra & Ultraplus or Restylane/Perlane are excellent. I usually ask the patients to not expect persistence of the effect for at least a year. Their patience is rewarded by a low incidence of bumps and over correction to the "trout pout", which everyone dislikes. After dosing, every 3-4 months for a year, there seems to be a retention of the volume. The chief advantage of going slowly is that subtleties of arching the cupid's bow peek and the philtral colums, as well as everting the corners of the mouth can be done progressively.

Structural fat grafting is also a perennial favorite. What woman doesn't have excess fat, she's willing to shift elsewhere. It really is replacing "like" with "like" because the fibrofatty tissues truly disappear with age. The main difficulty is the need for a formal operation to harvest the fat and having a very tolerant patient who will allow regrafting under dental blocks.

Hope this is helpful. Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD

The best temporary filler to have injected into your...

+4

The best temporary filler to have injected into your lips is hyaluronic acid. Restylane, Perlane, and Juvederm are the current approved hyaluronic acid fillers in the U.S.

The best permanent filler for lips is your own fat - fat transfer.

Michael A. Persky, MD

Best temporary fillers for lip augmentation

+3

The best fillers for the lips are those that are soft, pliable, and temporary. Those currently available and that work beautfuly for the lips are:

• Juvederm Ultra Plus
  • Restylane
  • Perlane

These are all different formulations of "hyaluronic acids," which come in a soft gel form. Depending on how much of an enhancement is needed, your Plastic Surgeon will select the appropriate formulation.

It is CRITICAL that your injecting physician undertsands the proper lip aesthetics and balance between the borders, upper vs. lower lip, and the role that surrounding muscles play in the lip (mouth) aging process.

Sometimes, if my patients are in the operating room for something else, then I offer them the choice of having their own fat cells transferred to different areas of the face (such as the lips and cheeks) to restore the youthful volume of the face.

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

Best fillers for lips?

+2

There are several different fillers for lips including Restylane, Juvederm and your own fat. In my experience Juvederm is the softest. Although it is possible to get lumps with Juvederm this is fairly rare. Juvederm should last about six months.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Best filler for Lip Augmentation

+2

The best fillers for your lips are Restylane and Juvederm. These are Hyaluronic acid-based fillers, which give the most natural look in your lips. These results can last up to 9 months.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Juvederm and Restylane best for lip augmentation.

+2

Hi!

In the lips , you need a filler that feels absolutely natural and that moves normally.

In New York City, we use both Juvederm and Restylane for lip augmentation because they give the most natural results.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

The best lip filler for augmentation

+1
There is no best filler for lip augmentation.  The best injection depends on a patient's facial anatomy and the desired results.  I use a combination of Restylane, Juvederm, or Belotero for lip injections.  The fine lines around the mouth are best treated with Belotero.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with facial injections.

Michele S. Green, MD

My top choices

+1

I find the best fillers for lips tend to be Restylane or Juvederm Ultra. These hyaluronic fillers give the lips a natural look and can last up to 6-8 months.

Yael Halaas, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon