Went to my dermatologist and had a mole frozen. Why does it look bigger?

it didn't look cancerous at all according to the PA that was doing the body scan, I requested the mole to be taken off. and she froze it. It's been about two weeks, and there is no scab but the mole now looks all black and to me bigger. what is going on

Mole removal and changing moles

+1
Mole removal options vary by clinician. The mole you had treated should be reassessed to make sure the change is due to the treatment and not progression of the mole size or shape. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Mole Treatment reaction

+1
It sounds like you have some swelling and superficial necrosis (the black change) that is common to see after liquid nitrogen therapy.  This can be a common reaction with freezing.  With that said, freezing is not the best treatment for a true mole.  It is always best, and I recommend, that  you consult with your treating provider if you have concerns about how your treatment is progressing or you are reacting--- and this may often require an in person evaluation.  Be sure to have your care supervised by a Board Certified Dermatologist.

Jeffrey C. Poole, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon