Wearing Sunglasses 3 Months Post Op?

Is this ok to do? I wore them yesterday for the first time for only about 30 minutes and they left impressions in my nose that lasted about 2 hours. Did I damage my results?

Wearing Sunglasses 3 Months Post Op?

+1

You should ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon for specific post Rhinoplasty instruction.  For the past 25 years I have recommend that my Rhinoplasty patients not wear galsses of any kind for the first 6 months in order to avoid those types of indentations.

Is it okay to wear sunglasses 3 months after rhinoplasty?

+1

You should not damage anything to your nose by wearing sunglasses (or regular glasses) 3 months after rhinoplasty.  The swelling after rhinoplasty can take 6-12 months to resolve, so this is most likely the reason for the impressions you saw after wearing your sunglasses.  This will not lead to any permanent change in the appearance of your nose.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sunglasses three months after rhinoplasty

+1

At three months after rhinoplasty your nose should be healed enough to tolerate sunglasses but still swollen to leave an indentation.

Temporary indentations to nose after a rhinoplasty

+1

You may still have some swelling present on your nose and wearing glasses may temporarily leave indentations on your nose.  These should not be permanent.  

Sunglasses are fine to wear 3 months after rhinoplasty

+1

At 3 months post surgery, your nasal bones should be strong enough for glasses.  It can take up to a full year for all of the swelling to completely subside.  The impression was most likely due to some residual swelling, but you did not do anything to cause long term damage.

Paul M. Parker, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Wearing sunglasses 3 months post-op?

+1

I generally advise my patients to refrain from wearing sunglasses for at least 6 weeks after surgery. You should be ok at 3 months post-op. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon, as they may have specific guidelines they would like you to follow. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Sunglasses at 3 months after rhinoplasty?

+1

Dear Barry,

Thank you for your question.  Your nasal bones will be well healed by 3 months so it is safe to wear sunglasses.  You still have swelling, which is why there was a temporary impression, but this does not cause permanent damage.

Best Wishes, 

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon