Is It Normal to Have Lingering Black Circles (from Black Eyes) 8 Weeks Post Op? (photo)

I had open rhinoplasty 8 weeks ago with very severe bruising and swelling. Is it normal to have lingering black circles under my eyes where the black eyes were at 8 weeks? Is there anything I can do to help her rid of them ?

Lingering Black Circles After Rhinoplasty #nosejob

+1

Yes. It is normal to have some of the blood byproducts that stay behind form a bruise to cause black circles. I would expect this to resolve in time. Be patient. Everything in the plastic surgery world takes time, lots of time. 

Dark circles after rhinoplasty

+1

It appears that you have dark circles, not bruising. The dark circles are caused by relative hollowness (tear troughs) and shadow phenomenon. You may benefit from filler injections.  See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Darkness around the eyes following a rhinoplasty.

+1

You certainly got your share of bruising from your original rhinoplasty.  Any darkness from bruising will be temporary.  At this point your best bet is to use some form of camouflage makeup. This is available at most cosmetic stores. A yellow based make up foundation will help cover-up purple.

Dark circles after bruising from rhinoplasty

+1

You can have lingering black circles this far out from previous bruising. This occasionally occurs as the blood cells from the bruising under the skin breaks up and the pigment gets deposited in the skin. This is called hemosiderin deposition and may take months to resolve. There is really no solution other than giving it time. At close inspection of your picture though it also looks like you have mild tear troughs. You may benefit from injecting hyaluronic acid fillers like Belotero or Restylane to see if you could get improvement from the dark circles and that may resolve the issue.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Rhinoplasty and bruising

+1

At eight weeks, you likely have hyperpigmenation- a byproduct of the bruising. This too should disappear with time but you would benefit from some skin care. Most plastic surgeons have an esthetician on staff you can consult with.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Residual hemosiderin deposits from severe swelling in lower lids take months to resolve. I might ry camille tea soaks.