Will Not Wearing a Compression Garment Affect Final Results on Neck?

Had neck and jowl vaser lipo with virtually no swelling or bruising so only wore the garment for 48 hours. Will this affect the final result three months from now?

Wearing a compression garment after Chin or Neck Liposuction is important for best final result

+2

The chin compression garment or chin strap is used after Chin or Neck Liposuction to reduce swelling and prevent fluid accumulation.

Even though you have no swelling at 48 hours after Chin or Neck liposuction, maximal swelling after Liposuction can continue and occur even after 4-5 days, so I recommend that my patients not remove the garment until at least 7 days and continue to wear it at night for an additional 4-6 weeks.

After swelling has decreased, you still have inflammation, wound healing and skin tightening occurring for many weekl after surgery.

It is my belief, proven by wound healing studies of the benefit of compression in scar formation in burn patients, that continued compression of the treated areas will benefit wound healing and skin contour and improve final results.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/double-chin/eliminate-double-chin-with-laser-liposuction/

Garment after neck lipo

+2

We ask our patients to wear the garment for a full 3 days. The reason is to decrease the amount of swelling. Only wearing the garment for 48 hours should not affect your final result.

Not wearing a facial garment after Neck Lipo

+2

Hi,

A face-neck garment is used to decrease swelling after a procedure. Not wearing the garment should not effect the final result just prolong the swelling period.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.sluplift.com

compression garment usage after neck liposuction

+1
 When performing  minimal liposuction of the neck, we use a compression garment for 3-4 days after the procedure.
 In the majority of cases, we perform a necklift ft by removing the fat above and below the platysma muscle in the neck, and a platysma plasty. We insert 2 Jackson-Pratt drains in the neck that are left in for 2 days to remove blood and fluid from underneath the skin. We do not use any compression wraps for a neck lift. For many examples, please see the link below to our neck lift photo gallery

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/neckliftandlipo_photos.html

Wearing a Compression Garment

+1

It should be worn for at least 3-7 days to reduce swelling and allow pocket to begin to close. It shouldn't affect your results, just prolong your swelling.

"Dr.D"

Web reference: http://www.capefearaesthetics.com/details/plastic+surgery-19/

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garment after Neck Lipo.

+1

Fist of all, every patient is different, and each surgeon may have his/her own protocol.  The protocol is usually in line with their particular procedure for that particular patient.  Our office has the patients wear compression garments as we believe it decreases swelling and improves contour.  The idea is to have the skin attach down to the underlying tissues.  Please ask your individual surgeon what he/she likes and then do what he/she says. 

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/liposuction

48 Hours of compression: Probably enough but why not more?

+1

I like compression for longer periods than most surgeons.  I joke:  Wear it till you hate me!  Seriously, compression has great advantages and like with a lot of things, the more you put into it the more you get in return.  That being said, 48 hours is probably enough time for the flap to BEGIN to stick down and stay where it was supposed to be.

Wearing a compression garment with chin liposuction

+1

Wearing a compression garment will not affect the final result, however, this may make your healing interval a lot longer.  I would advise you to wear the compression garment as much as you can. 

Importance of wearing a compression garment after liposuction

+1

Facial compression garments compress and minimize fluid or blood accumulations in the areas that were treated with liposuction. Although you may have minimal evidence of this at this time, it could result from increased activity. Use of the compression garment after the fact is of little value.