Will Chin Liposuction Result in Loose Skin?

I am a 24 year old who wants to do Chin Liposuction and I am wondering if this will result in loose sagging skin. I have been working out for two years now reduced my sodium intake and drink plenty of water. I have been unable to get rid of my double chin but I do not want to do if it will result in saggy skin.

Will chin & neck liposuction cause loose skin

+2

To some degree, you will have loose skin but at your age and given the appearance of your skin, this should be relatively mild. I typically do not recommend more procedures than a patient requests but I believe you should consider a chin implant or chin enlargement. This would serve two purposes: 1) it would partially "take up" the loose skin and 2) your natural chin is small and makes your neck seem fuller; a chin implant would provide greater definition ot the chin and neck,

Neck lipo at 23 years old

+1

It is likely genetic and at your age liposuction may be a reasonable option because your skin will naturally tighten after the excess fat is removed.. Check with a plastic surgeon in your area.

Skin resiliency and quality and chin liposuction

+1

It appears as though you have good skin tone.  Patients who have good skin resiliency usually have stellar results with chin liposuction.  Speak to your surgeon about the snap back test for skin resiliency. 

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/face/53/chin-and-neck-lipo.aspx

Chin Liposuction Result

+1

There will be some loose skin but in young skin the elasticity is better so your results should be good. Discuss with your surgeon however.

"Dr.D"

Web reference: http://www.capefearaesthetics.com/details/plastic+surgery-19/

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Liposuction?

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination.  However, given the isolated at this issue in the area and your useful skin you may be a good candidate for the procedure.

Generally, a good candidate for liposuction of the neck and chin area will be a relatively young patient with isolated “excess” adipose tissue  with limited redundant/loose skin.  The quality of overlying skin elasticity is of utmost  importance. In my practice, the majority of patients I see who request the procedure are not good candidates.

You will find many doctors will offer their services to you;  I would suggest consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_liposuction.htmIf

You are unlikely to have loose skin after Chin SmartLipo

+1

As a 24 year old you should have good elasticity in your skin.  I think you would have a good result from SmartLipo on your chin area.

Web reference: http://gatewaylasercenter.com/SmartLipo.html

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Chin or Neck Liposuction can result in loose skin but Laser Liposuction can help tighten neck skin

+1

After chin or neck liposuction of large amounts of neck fat, loose skin may result.

However you have a small amount of neck fat and it is unlikely that you would have loose skin after traditional or laser assisted liposuction.

Many have observed, myself included, that the new Laser Assisted Liposuction of the neck, using Slimlipo or other techniques does enhance skin tightening as well as fat removal after liposuction.

For further discussion and photos of results see the link below

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/double-chin/eliminate-double-chin-with-laser-liposuction/

Ideal Candidate

+1

If you have a small amount of fat under your chin at your age the likelihood of loose skin after liposuction is very small. However, if you have a lot of fat deposits under your chin expect some skin laxity.

Looking at the photo you provided it seems that you have a small amount of fat with fairly tight and young skin.

• With these qualities, you should expect good results.

Laser Lipo may be better than traditional lipo for skin tightening

+1

In a young person, the skin is elastic enough to shrink back after lipo of the chin, and it is a very nice option for individuals into their late 40's and early 50's.  Typically, after that, they need a more invasive surgical lift to tighten the skin.

A strategy that has worked in my hands is to use laser lipo to remove the fat, and allow the laser to have the best chance at skin tightening.  In addition, after that, we can some fractionated laser treatments (Fraxel) on the outside of the skin to further enhance/encourage tightening of the skin.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Take it on the chin

+1

Chin liposuction is a great procedure with high patient satisfaction. As with any surgical procedure the right candidate must be selected. This depends on the experience and guidance of the surgeon. Because you are young you probaby have excellent skin quality which will allow your skin to shrink back to new contour after surgery. Visit a board certified plastic surgeon for a complete evaluation. Looks like you are a good candidate. Good luck,

Dr. ES