Does Wearing a Bra Prevent Sagging? (photo)

I am 4 weeks post-op and I love my new breasts. I was on line reading about breast health and ran across an artical that stated "wearing a bra can actually increass sagging" Is that true ? Is there any way to prevent my new breast from sagging.

Bra post op

+2

There is no evidence that a bra makes any difference in prevention of sagging long term however for the first couple of months post op I suspect there is some advantage to providing some tissue support with a bra.  Genetics primarily determines the integrity of tissue supporting the breast tissue.  Size, hormones and pregnancy (but not breast feeding) also play a role.

Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Sagging

+2

Wearing a bra can not and will not cause sagging. In our practice we tell our patients if they want to prevent sagging to wear a nice support bra to prevent mother nature to takes its course.

Sagging after breast surgery and bra useage

+2

Gravity always wins.  Wearing a bra will decrease sagging by providing support and keeping the soft tissues from stretching due to gravity.

The bra is a good idea; feel free to go bra-less once in a while, but generally the support is a good thing.

Does Wearing a Bra Prevent Sagging?

+2

Dr Wallach is correct and the photo demonstrates a great lift result. Any bra does not offer protection from gravity effect. Only good surgery, genetics and strong dermis. 

Bra and breast shape

+2

A bra should have no impact on the final result. Breasts sag due to the volume and skin quality.   Good luck.

Preventing Saggy Breast

+1

Although wearing a bra constantly will not prevent sagging it can prolong the effect that gravity takes on your body. Using a sports bra is a good way to start.