Is It Possible to Upturn my Nose Even a Little More?

I really would love to know if it is possible to make my nose tip upturn a little more and how much this would cost.

Is it possible to upturn the nasal tip?

+2

As a surgeon, it is possible to do a lot of things, the more important question; is it wise?  The issue with rotating your nose further is the nostril show.  The non-technical term for this is pig nose.  Any more rotation and people will look directly into the nostrils, a very unattractive feature.

Generally what I find is that when a patient requests a change which will end up being aesthetically unpleasing, they really want something different and can't put it to words.  Start with a consultation with a good rhinoplasty surgeon in Germany and go with an open mind.  They likely will be able to put to words what it is that you are unhappy with.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

"Turning Up" the Tip of the Nose

+2

To create a natural looking nose, a combination of artistic mastery and technical expertise are needed.

Based on this picture, I would not recommend turning up the tip of the nose any more, even though it is technically feasible...

If it is done,  your nose appear shorter.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

+2

Regarding: "Is It Possible to Upturn my Nose Even a Little More?
I really would love to know if it is possible to make my nose tip upturn a little more and how much this would cost
."

With apologies to Jean-Jacques Rousseau "A Little More" is often the mortal enemy of "good enough". In my opinion, the nose you have now appears somewhat "done"; It is over projecting (In street talk, sticks out a pit too much), the tip is a bit pointy, the lower lip appears long with a fullness at the nose junction (?prominent anterior nose bone spine)  and from the frontal position the viewer has more than a suggested hint of the inside of the nostrils. Rotating the point more will exaggerate this look and give you a PORCINE appearance from the front .

I think you would get a much nicer result with a Tip Rhinoplasty which will smooth the tip and lower it a bit. BUT it is your nose and if you do want it rotated it can certainly be done.

Dr. Peter Aldea

"Upturning" My Nose a Little Bit

+1

Your nose can be "upturned" a little bit, but do not do it.  A pig snout is not an attractive facial feature. Your profile  is very pretty.

Upturned tip after rhinoplasty.

+1

Do NOT turn your tip up any more--it will not look good and will look artificial. You can find someone to do anything but you should leave it alone.

Best Lip to Nasal Tip Angle with Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Syl,

Do not increase the angle of your nose "a little more" unless you wish that on a clear day people will be able to see the back of your pharynx (throat) through your porcine like nostrils.  Classic da Vinci proportions which define beauty to this day, call for about a 105 degree angle from the lip to the nasal tip. You look beautiful the way you are (see lyrics to Bruno Mars song).  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Up turned nose

+1

I would  not turn up you nose anymore than it appears in the photos, because it looks a bit too much now.

Rhinoplasty to "turn-up" the nose is possible, but should be cautiously chosen

+1

Dear Sylvia1976,

Your photograph is helpful to us as we answer your Rhinoplasty question.

YES, surgery to change the position of the tip of your nose (rotating or projecting) can be safely performed. 

BUT 

We must be careful look at your nose from more than just the side (profile ) view.

1. When someone takes a photo of you or is talking with you, they are face to face;  
  2. So from a front view, turning your nose upward might not be advisable.
  3. Your nose needs to be in balance with your face and your body type.

Best Wishes

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

The normal tip

+1

It is possible but it isn´t necessary. Based on this picture, I don´t recommend it.... you will obtain a very short nose.

Enrique Pedro Gagliardi, MD, PhD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

PHOTOS: Is It Possible to Upturn my Nose Even a Little More

+1

Is It Possible to Upturn my Nose Even a Little More? Certainly, but I would not recommend it as it may make your nsotrils excessively visible fromthe frontal view.