Rhinoplasty After a Broken Nose?

I broke my nose in a few places just two days ago. I have been wanting to get rhinoplasty anyway and was hoping that since it's broken anyway I could just get it now. Is this a possibility?

Nasal fractrure and rhinoplasty

+1

The key thing for you right now is to see a rhinoplasty expert to make sure that your bones and septum are not displaced.  If they are you will need a reduction. I would not do a rhinoplasty at this time and would put it off for at least 6 months.

Timing of rhinoplasty after nasal fracture

+1

Have a plastic surgeon look at it now, but expect that nothing will be done for 6 months or more.  Nasal fractures should not be "fixed" until most of the healing is done.  I like to wait six months at least and longer if I can.  And I find that the nose needs a significant amount grafting if it is deviated.  This is not a normal aesthetic rhinoplasty!

Jay Calvert, MD

Rhinoplasty after Broken Nose

+1

Be evaluted by a surgeon within the next week. It is possible to have a closed reduction of  any displaced nasal bones at this time. If the result is not satisfactory or you want additional improvement, wait 3-6 months and then have definitive changes with a rhinoplasty which is difficult to achieve immediately after trauma.

Repairing a Broken Nose is not be the best time for a Cosmetic Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Detroit7749  Sorry to hear about your nasal fractures.  I would seek a consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to discuss your options. 

• You may be a candidate for moving the bones back into place
  • But, making cosmetic adjustments to the nose after a trauma
    • isn't a good idea.  
  • A fractured nose can have many components that are affected:
  1. fractured bones,
  2. traumatized skin
  3. traumatized lining of your nose
  4. injured cartilage.

Waiting for three - six months to see how you have healed before proceeding with additional surgery will give you the best chance for a great result.

Best Wishes

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose job 2 days after Nasal Fracture

+1

Hi,

If your nasal bone have significant displacement at this time, you should have a plastic surgeon look at you for a possible closed reduction to realign the nasal bones now. Then you can have a formal open reduction nasal fracture after 3 months time and fix any cosmetic issues at that time.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS