I Am Unhappy with the Juvederm Voluma on my Cheeks It Makes my Face Look All More Chubby?

I Am Unhappy with the Juvederm Voluma

+1

It would be helpful knowing how many days its been since having Juvederm injected. I suggest waiting till the swelling has healed to see your final result. If you're still unhappy, see your medical provider and ask about using hyaluronidase to dissolve this product.

Juvederm voluma in the cheeks

+1

Juvederm voluma is a terrific product for creating a lift of the skin and face, so a great place to inject it is the cheeks and cheek bones, depending on your face type. I'd be surprised if you got this result from an injection by a dermatologist, but regardless, if you're unhappy with it after waiting 2 weeks, then your physician can inject hyaluronidase into it to dissolve some or all of it safely. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Voluma Injections

+1

Although this product is not indicated for the use in the United States, it is a hyaluronic acid filler that can be dissolved with hyaluronidase. There may also be some swelling from the injections, so it would be wise to wait a couple of weeks to see if you are happy with the results. Good luck

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Juvederm Voluma

+1

If you are unhappy with your Juvederm Voluma injections, wait 2 weeks and return to your physician for assessment.  He may be able to adjust your treatment by dissolving some of the Voluma or adding more in different areas of your cheeks for a slimming effect.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

+1

When using fillers to shape and augment the face it's important to understand the ideal aesthetic shape that you, as the plastic and cosmetic surgeon, is attempting to create.  This is often over looked with the consequence that the cheek shape is unattractive.  You may want to leave the Voluma dissolve and then seek out another MD for your cheek augmentation with fillers.

Chubby face after Juvederm Voluma

+1

Juvederm Voluma isn't approved for use in the U.S. yet. It will be most likely towards the end of this year. So I must assume you don't live in the U.S. Voluma is a larger molecule than Juvederm so it plumps much more and fills larger and deeper areas better. However, if you don't like it or you feel you are overfilled, it's still a hyaluronic acid filler, and it can be removed with hyaluronidase.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Unhappy after Juvederm Voluma to cheeks

+1

I'm not sure how long ago you had the Juvederm Voluma placed in your cheeks, but it is possible to have some swelling for a few days after the procedure.  If it's been more than a couple of weeks since you had it done, your options would be to just wait it out until the product starts going away by itself, or you could have an injection of hyaluronidase to dissolve some of it now.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon