Fillers in Cheeks and Side of Face to Help Decrease Smile Lines?

Hi, I am going for my first fillers treatment next week to try and decrease the lines around my mouth. The doctor suggested instead of filling around the mouth we use Juverderm in the side of the face and cheeks to plump up the face which will also help tighten the skin around the mouth. Is this the best way? I want to look natural but I don't want to be spending a fortune and not see a result.

Filler to marionette/lip area and cheeks

+1

Hi Lisa. I agree that Juvederm could be a good option for volume restoration in the lip area. For cheeks, you may benefit from a product with more viscosity, such as Radiesse. It is best to have a thorough consult with a physician you feel comfortable with. If you are in the LA area, I or any of my colleagues would be happy to help. Best of luck!

Consult for filler

+1

I recommend you visit a well experienced provider. It is very common to fill the nasolabial folds and corners of mouth/marionettes with Juvederm. Cheek volume loss can benefit from filler, too; my patients really have gotten great results with filling volume loss in the malar area. I like Radiesse for cheek volume, since it is more viscous and a better volumizer than Juvederm. I wish you luck with your consult, Lisa!

Often lines around the mouth area are due to loss of volume

+1

If you lose volume in the cheek area, this will sage around the mouth and produce wrinkles.  So it's not unreasonable to try to attack the loss of volume in the cheek, buccal area, and preauricular area to help around the mouth.  I can't tell you if this is the right thing to do your situation.  You might need a little bit around the mouth as well.  My choice for volume is not Juvederm, it's either Radiesse, Perlane or Restylane.  Voluma will be coming and might be a good alternative too.  

Fillers and lines

+1

In general, fillers work to add volume and usually do not treat specific lines.  They are great products but you would need an evaluation in person

Juvederm for cheeks

+1

Without seeing you, it is impossible to suggest where you would require treatment.  If there is lost volume in the cheeks, filling this area may improve the appearance of the lines around your mouth.  Have your treatment with an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon that you trust to achieve a natural result.

Toronto Dermatologist

Fillers in the cheeks for mouth lines

+1

Re-creating the youthful cheek, if done properly, can help rejuvenate the lower face/mouth area. Filler in the cheek can create a foundation for your cheek skin and can pull up cheek skin that is sagging to the mouth area.

Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for Smile Lines

+1

The technique you are describing is often used to replace the lost volume in the face which is common with aging. It can be an alternative to reducing the appearance of nasolabial folds or smile lines. However, it requires much more volume of filler material so expense may become a factor for some.

Munster Plastic Surgeon

Decreasing smile lines with Juvederm in the cheeks

+1

Hello, thanks for your question! Yes, at Pasadena Surgeons, we often use Radiesse or Juvederm at the cheek level to enhance your cheekbones and it can pull up the skin around your mouth and your nasolabial folds. That can actually give a more natural look and less of a chipmunk look. You want to see results that give a youthful and not artificial appearance. Make sure your board-certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist has experience with this- good luck!

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.