Uneven Nostrils Post-rhinoplasty

I had rhinoplasty for my bridge and i raised the tip on 5.7.2010 & i fixed my deviated septum.2weeks after removing cast i noticed uneven nostrils as shown in the pic.one of the nostrils are higher up & wider than the other.Also, 2 weeks ago i started getting hard bumps on the right side of my nose,and now on the left side of my nose . I called my doctor and he said it is normal to see uneven nostrils and bumps appearing.How long will is it supposed to take for the bump & nostrils to even up ?

Uneven Nostrils after Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

Please be patient as you are only three months after the surgery. Swelling needs to resolve.

Most people have some degree of asymmetry of nostrils before any surgery. It is not very uncommon to have some remaining asymmetry of nostril after surgery. The good news is that this view is not seen and visualized by most people.

Please see your plastic surgeon to discuss the asymmetry of bone that you can see on the side of your nose.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sajjadian

Please wait till the swelling is resolved

+1

You have complained about the uneven nostrils and the view that you send is a view that nobody will see. Please send more pictures. If you expect 100% symmetrical results,you will be disappointed since that is impossible.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Your nostril asymmetry after Rhinoplasty may be less noticeable than you think.

+1

The base view of your nose is not a view that is seen by most people. If your nostril asymmetry is not conspicuous on your frontal or profile views, then I wouldn't be concerned. 

I don't have an explanation for the hard bumps that started to appear on your nose 2 weeks ago. Go see your surgeon for an examination and explanation.

All the best from NJ.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4044

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven After Rhinoplasty at 3.5 Months

+1

Currently, it is 3.5 months after your Rhinoplasty. You can expect tip swelling, side to side subtle asymmetries, and perhaps some numbness in your nasal tip.  Don't expect your final result right now: it will take at least a year to unfold.  As Dr. Mayer pointed out, the only person who currently sees this view of your nose is you.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven nostrils after rhinoplasty.

+1

It will take 6-12 months for the final result. The good news is that you don't walk around with that view showing.