Will Uneven Areolas After Breast Reduction Eventually Even Out?

My left areola is significantly smaller than the right and is quite uneven (the distance from my nipple to the top is smaller than from the nipple to the bottom). The top of that areola is also puckered and sticks out a bit. The right is perfectly even. I am almost 3 weeks post op. Will this even out eventually or is it too early to tell?

Areola size

+2

There is always some asymmetry of areolas and breasts.  If it is significant they certainly can be adjusted. Sometiems they are pulled a bit differently as they heal, or they are cut slightly differently. However, at 3 weeks it is a bit premature to do anything. Give it 6  months at least.

Symmetry of the areolas

+1

At three weeks post-op breast reduction surgery, it is normal for you to notice some puckering around the areola and some asymmetry in areola size. The incisions are too  premature to determine your final result. It is important that you follow all post-op care instructions of your surgeon to ensure the best result possible. Wait, atleast 4-6- months before considering any type of revisionary surgery.

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a board certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.

Maybe a little

+1

The degree to which things after breast reduction are even varies. It takes a few months for the tissues to stretch to their new positions usually. Larger issues might be worth revision in 6-12 months.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Uneven nipples after reduction.

+1

The changes you notice now will not likely change significantly over time. Please communicate your concern to your surgeon and ask that your areolae be revised in a few months.

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS