Is Tension Knots in my Neck and Shoulders Due to Size 34G Bra Size?

I am a 34G and have really bad knots in my shoulder and neck. I wanted to know if I got a breast reduction, would it help tp relax my shoulders? I have done massages and elect. therapy and no one can get the knots out. They even tell me how tense my neck is and refer me out to someone else. I am going for a consultation today to a PS, so I hope they can give me some good news. I also want my insurance to cover it for me too.

Large breasts and neck pain

+1

Yes, yes yes you should get relief from your symptoms with a breast reduction.

Please see a qualified Plastic Surgeon who explain the surgery to you and assist you in obtaining insurance coverage for this surgery. Unfortunately  not all policies cover the operation but you can be safely done as an outpatient in an accredidated facility.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

There is no doubt that very large breasts may at least be contributing to the shoulder and neck issues you are suffering from.  Breast reduction surgery, but this and other reasons, is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization. Make sure you're saying a well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Good luck!

Breast Reduction Likely To Improve Tension In Neck & Shoulders

+1

When you are wearing a 34G bra, it is not at all uncommon to have significant pain in your neck and shoulders.  A breast reduction will, in all liklihood, improve your symptoms.  In fact, it is not uncommon for my patients to tell me that they were aware of a relief of their pain in the recovery room.  Your breast reduction surgery should be covered by your insurance policy.  However, a few insurance companies will have an outright exclusion of breast reduction in their policies and, with others, it may be difficult to obtain prior approval.  I have found inclusion of the tate insurance commissioner to be beneficial.

John Whitt, MD

Will a breast reduction improve back and neck pain?

+1

Large, heavy breasts can contribute to back, neck and shoulder pain.  Large breasts can also lead to exercise limitations, poor posture and rashes under the breasts.  Breast reduction surgeries vary.  Smaller breast reductions can be done with a lollipop shaped scar or vertical technique.  Very large reductions may require the anchor incision.  Some insurances cover this procedure but usually the amount removed should be at least two measuring cups of breast tissue removal on each side.  Many patients feel immediate improvement of their back pain after breast reduction surgery.

Elizabeth S. Harris, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Does a breast reduction improve my back and neck pain?

+1

A bra size 34G is a considerable breast size which can but added strain to your neck and back. It also causes shoulder grooving from the bra straps as well as shoulder pain. There are often skin rashes underneath the breasts which sometimes require medication to control. All of these symptoms can be improved after a breast reduction. 

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon