Can Your Breast Size Be Reduced After Implants Without Removal of Implants.

I had breast implants size 300. I am now a 36D and I do not like how large they are. I want to be an average C size. Can I get a reduction and still keep the implants?

Breast Reduction after Breast Implants

+1

Thanks for the question.

Yes it is possible to have a breast reduction while keeping your breast implants in place. Options include removal of breast tissue (standard breast reduction procedure),  downsizing of breast implant size or both. The best option for you will be best determined with direct examination and clear communication of your goals.

For example, patients who are seeking to maintain superior pole fullness may want to keep their implants and reduce “lower pole” breast tissue.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm

Implants and reduction - an Oxymoron!

+1

I have been a part of many situations whereby patients change their minds about the most desirable size.

I have also seen patients breasts change size after puberty.

When it comes to deciding what to do at a particular juncture,we need to decide;

1- what is the size of your own pre-existing breast tissue,

2-What is the size of the implant as a ratio of the overall volume

3- what component does sagging play to the overall size or appearance of size - sagging breasts tend to fall out of a bra giving the appearnce that they are larger than they really are.

Only when these considerations are evaluated can we make an informed suggestion.

Breast reduction after implants

+1

One of the specialties in our office is the "Scarless" Breast Reduction which uses liposuction only. Technically it could possibly be done in your case but I agree with the other surgeons by far the smartest thing to do is put in a smaller implant. Hope this helps

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Just put in smaller implants

+1

Why operate on healthy breast tissue when you seem to indicate that you would like a smaller implant. Just ask the doctor who did them to put in smaller implants.

Web reference: http://www.wrmd.com

Breast size

+1

Your question is difficult to answer without getting more of a history and evaluating you.  Have you gained weight, or need to lose weight?  How much breast tissue did you start off with? just to name a few.